Chapter 29- Countdown

HOLLY POV

'Well here goes nothing' I thought to myself as I drove down the road in this black SUV.

I have seen these types of cars, Elijah has multiple.

I stopped at the red light as I have been driving for around 10 minutes. I knew this car had some tracker so I had to find a hiding spot quickly.

23 hours, 49 minutes, and 32 seconds

As I was stopped at the red light I checked my surroundings. I finally made it to the main city. Buildings were towering over me, small shops were scattered all around me. The street was blooming with life, people with families, loved ones, and pets.

My gaze focused on a shiny silver handle that looked like it opened a compartment. The compartment was located underneath the passenger seat. Strange.

I checked my review mirror and the light making sure I had enough time to open the compartment.

I leaned over the seat and extended my arms to twist the silver handle. I twisted it to the left and heard a quiet squeak when it opened.

I thought I was dreaming but I knew this wouldn't be a dream, it had to be a nightmare. In the compartment were five stacks of one hundred euro bills. But what horrified me was the two guns hidden in the back.

I quickly grabbed one stack and put some in my cargo pants. Luckily, my cargo pants had several pockets. I closed the hidden compartment and sped off as I saw the light had changed to a vibrant green.

I had no clue where to go. I became so desperate that I flipped a coin to decide where I would go. Every time I was faced at an intersection I would flip the coin, whether it landed on heads or tails I would turn that direction.

After ten thousand different flips, I was still in the city but the nicer part. This area had tall, clean hotels and had designer shops located on every corner. The coin directed me to a small parking lot. Bingo

This parking lot had five layers. I approached the entrance and paid 10 euros. The machine gave me a ticket to place on my car dashboard to show I paid.

I drove to the third layer. I stopped driving till I saw a vibrant red color. A red Laferrari was parked at the back. I know, I know it is bad to steal a car but...

If the owner knew what I have been through I think they would be ok. Right?

I parked the black SUV while I placed the ticket on the dashboard. I grabbed the money and exited the car.

I grabbed my last bobby pin in my hair and walked over to the Laferrari. I bent down towards the driver's seat and after some twisting and turning the car door swung open slowly.

I smiled internally as I haven't driven a Ferrari in forever. I was also happy to leave this hell hole but I am more excited about the Ferrari part.

I climbed into the driver's seat and the first thing I smelt was the new car smell. I kinda feel bad for taking this person's car. It looked a month old but... whatever.

I wrapped my knuckles around the steering wheel as I let a slow deep breath. Once again, I started to hotwire this car. After some time I heard the engine roar. Damn!

I adjusted the mirrors and placed my hand firmly on the steering wheel and I pressed on the gas. The only way out of this parking lot was with a ticket, luckily this person placed their ticket on the dashboard.

After some twists and turns, I made it out of the parking lot. Now, where do I go? I thought to myself as I quickly entered the highway.

There weren't many cars so I quickly dodge all the cars like I was in 'The Fast and the Furious". The only good part about that movie was the racing. It was weird though, Paul Walker's eyes looked purple in some scenes and deep blue in the other, they obviously edited it.