Chapter 97: Respect from Thalia

Thalia passed more monsters in the hall while on the way to her mom's office.

Meanwhile, Tylor was on the elevator, trying to go up as soon as possible.

"Come on, come on, come on," Tylor said impatiently.

When he finally got to the top and the door opened, he sped through the hallways past those monsters.

"Sorry, look out! Look out!" he called.

"Hey, watch it!" one monster snapped.

"Sorry about that, guys," Tylor apologized then called, "Thalia!"

Thalia was just about to enter her mom's office when she heard Tylor. Then he crashed into a pastry cart, sending pastries everywhere. Some donuts hung on his horns while his face was covered in icing.

"There's a massive pastry cleanup in hallway 12. You'll see it," the announcer said over the com.

Then the monsters started laughing a bit at what Tylor did. Then Jamie came in from one of the Laugh Floors to see what happened, so she ran to him.

"Are you okay, Ty?" Jamie asked as she helped him up.

"Yeah. I'm fine," Tylor nodded then explained as they approached Thalia, "Wait. Thalia, wait. Wait, wait. Don't go tell your mom what I said. I was just trying to make you laugh. So, you'd tell your mom I was funny. And then, you know, maybe she'd give me and Jamie another audition or another chance. Okay?"

"And it was my choice to wait to become a Jokester until after he did," Jamie added.

"But...But what I did was wrong," Tylor finished.

"I knew what you were up to," Thalia told him.

"You did?" Tylor and Jamie asked in surprise.

"It's happened before, with the other Scarers," Thalia told them, Tylor sighed, to which Jamie put a comforting hand on his shoulder, then Thalia added, "But you're the first one to admit it. Respect."

They fist bumped with chuckles.

"Also, at least it wasn't completely for you. You were thinking about your girlfriend too. I can respect that too," Thalia said as they headed back.

Tylor and Jamie looked at each other and just smiled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They're all on good terms! Yay!