Chapter 95: Rescuing Little Gibbs

Fritz finally talked the monster at the controls to locate Little Gibbs.

Meanwhile, both chairlifts had stopped spinning.

"Anything?" Val asked.

"Nothing," Tylor and Jamie answered.

"Cutter?" Val wondered.

"We saw where Tina lost her tail," Cutter informed.

"And it was wiggling," her kid added.

Then Little Gibbs passed them while giggling more.

"Oh, there he is," Tylor said and they took off.

Another monster at the monitors managed to find him and notice he was heading for the shredder shaft. Fritz then told them to shut it down, but the monster at the controls needed more paperwork. In response, Fritz pushed her out of the way and got in touch with the MIFTers.

"Tylor, Jamie, come in," Fritz called.

"Yeah, right here, Fritz," Tylor answered.

"Whatcha got?" Jamie wondered.

"He's headed for a shredder shaft," Fritz informed.

"Shredder shaft?" the couple panicked.

"Shredder shaft four. It's in the DVE sector. You two are the closest. Stay frothy," Fritz said.

"We gotta stop that baby," Tylor remarked.

They were getting closer to the giggling Gibbs.

"Get in close and keep it steady. I got this," Jamie instructed.

"You sure?" Tylor asked.

"Yeah. I can glide. I'll be fine," she assured.

"Okay, but be careful," he told her.

"Always am," Jamie smirked.

"Why don't I believe that?" Tylor did the same.

"I don't know," Jamie shrugged, positioned herself, then said before leaping, "All right, buddy. Here we go!"

She managed to get to the door and grabbed Little Gibbs.

"I got ya. Uh..." Jamie started.

But then, they ended up passing multiple doors that would've easily hit them. Jamie held onto Little Gibbs gently yet securely while hanging on the door.

"Jamie! You're gonna have to jump for it to avoid the shredder shaft!" Tylor told her.

"Yeah! I kinda figured that!" Jamie responded.

She then used her belt to secure Gibbs to her and then jumped. Some wind picked up and she began to glide until she almost flew into a door, but ended up ripping one of her gliders, which made her exclaim in pain. Tylor immediately took notice.

"Jamie!" he yelled.

"I'm almost there!" she said.

She got there and turned her back.

"Get Little Gibbs first," she instructed.

Tylor obeyed, gave Little Gibbs to Thalia, then turned back to Jamie. She almost fell, letting out a yelp, but Tylor caught her in time and brought her on board.

"I got you. I got you. That was close," Tylor assured, hugging her close.

"That was insane, Jamie! Both good and bad," Thalia told her.

"I'll take it," Jamie replied, making them chuckle.

"You never stop impressing me," Tylor told her.

"Good," Jamie smiled.

"Even though I prefer you didn't risk your life," Tylor chuckled.

"I know," Jamie giggled.

Thalia lightly smiled at the couple.

They all then made it back to Needleman and Smitty, Jamie hiding her injury from view.

"We got the baby. Safe and sound," Tylor told them as he handed Needleman Little Gibbs.

"Oh, thanks. We'll never lose another kid again," Needleman said, Little Gibbs blew a raspberry, then Needleman stated as he handed the baby to Smitty, "Hey! That's a goal, not a promise."

"Good job, everyone. Now, let's head back to headquarters for some well-deserved Drooler Coolers," Fritz said.

"Yeah!" the others cheered.

"Drooler Cooler! M-I-F-T!" the Mini Monsters chanted.

"Are you gonna puke?" Oscar asked.

"Me?" Duncan asked before gagging.

"'Cause you look like you are gonna puke," Oscar remarked.

"No, I'm always this shade of green," Duncan answered before gagging again.

Then the only ones left were Tylor, Jamie, and Thalia.

"Hey, and, uh," Tylor chuckled then asked, "speaking of green, what's round, green and goes honk honk?"

Thalia sighed and answered, "Mike Wazowski driving his car."

"Oh, you've heard it. Oh, okay," Tylor replied.

"Figured she knew that one," Jamie commented.

"It wasn't funny the first time I heard it and it wasn't funny now. You are not funny. And you're holding your girlfriend back," Thalia remarked.

She then walked off, making Tylor sigh.

"Please don't tell me you think you're holding me back," Jamie requested.

"Then I won't tell you," Tylor said then added, "Come on. Let's fix your glider up."

He then left for their workplace, Jamie sighing before following.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Dang, Thalia! HE'S FUNNY TO ME!