Chapter 13: Running Low on Laughter

The power continued to flicker throughout the factory.

"This keeps happening. That's the second power outage today, guys. All the Jokesters we have are working multiple shifts," Celia informed the engaged couple.

Phlegm then came out, extremely worn out.

"You got this, Phlegm!" Celia encouraged.

"Thanks, Celia," Phlegm yawned before tripping on his skateboard.

Then Mike came out, really tired.

"Another Laugh Canister filled," he said groggily.

Fungus then lead him to a chair.

"Have a seat. How you doing, champ? Rinse! Swish! I tell ya, you're a comedy tank. Comedy tank! When it comes to humor, you throw no punch lines, Mr. Wazowski. Spit! You throw no punch lines! Now let's get you out there for the next round," Fungus assured as he gave Mike some type of mouth wash.

The power flickered again.

"You've been at this 18 hours straight," Sulley pointed out.

"Yeah. You need to take a break," Y/N told him.

"Ah! 'A break'? Guys, I am personally powering Monstropolis. First place, second place...fourth place?" Mike said as he looked at the board then remarked, "Uh, that Lanky and his spinning bowtie. We'll see who gets the last laugh, Lanky."

In response, Lanky spun his tie.

"Mike, you need to relax. Let the others handle it for a while," Sulley replied.

"I'm fine. I gotta keep the kids laughing. I got a gift, you two. You do not hide a gift like mine from my tiny, adoring friends," Mike said as he dozed off.

He then fell asleep.

"If you're gonna keep the kids laughing, we'd better get you some coffee," Y/N replied as Sulley picked him up.

They then lead him over to the coffee maker.

"Okay. Creamer, sugar. Sugars. Creamers, stir sticks. No stir sticks. Where is it?" Sulley said as he prepared the coffee.

Instead of finding one, he used Mike's finger to stir the drink.

"Oh, Blue Boy," Y/N replied in disgust.

"You got a better idea?" Sulley asked.

"Maybe a spoon?" she mentioned, making Sulley roll his eyes.

"There you go. That'll help," he said as he got Mike to drink it.

Mike gulped down the drink.

"Yeah, that's horrible," he said, smacked his lips and then groaned, "Tastes like someone's finger."

"Uh. That's weird," Sulley said.

"Yeah. I wonder why," Y/N smirked.

"Shut up," Sulley whispered with a smile, making Y/N giggle silently.

"Well, thanks, guys," Mike thanked.

"Wazowski!" Roze said.

Mike yelped at that.

"Better not fall asleep in your comedy class," Roze warned.

"That's right. I'm teaching comedy class at lunch," Mike realized.

"Mike, you can't keep going like this," Sulley told him.

"Yeah. That's not healthy," Y/N added.

"Actually, he can, Mr. Sullivan and Miss M/L/N, with a little something called 36 1/2 Hour Energy drink," Needleman replied, handing Mike an energy drink.

"Yeah. Me and Needleman drink two of those when we run out of our 73 Hour Energy drink. It's twice as good as the 18 1/4 Hour Energy drink," Smitty said.

"Yeah? I don't know. Thirty-six-and-a-half hours sounds like a lot of energy for such a little..." Sulley shrugged.

"Uh, Blue Boy?" Y/N said, pointing to Mike.

Mike had already chugged it and seemed to be wide awake.

"Wow," he said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Mike, what the heck?!