Chapter 65: Boosting Morale

Mike then went to Roze about what was going on.

"You want me to tell you how to boost morale?" Roze asked.

"Yes! Because you're 'always watching.' Or is it 'always stinking'? I don't know. Whatever it is," Mike said.

One monster groaned then whined, "No more coffee screamer? What's the point?"

"How about you approve your paperwork on time? That would make me smile. And I've been told I have an infectious grin. Eeh," Roze explained then grinned.

Mike whimpered at that.

"You sure this'll work?" Tylor asked, getting Mike's attention to see him, Jamie, and Val.

"We'll buy him a Drooler Cooler. That'll cheer Fritz up, you won't get fired," Val assured.

"What's wrong with Fritz?" Mike wondered, going up to them.

"Oh, uh, hey, Mike. I broke his favorite vending machine this morning..." Tylor explained.

"Vendy," Val corrected.

"Yeah, Vendy, yeah. I broke Vendy this morning and..." Tylor said.

"And he needs a new one! That's it! I got two words for ya, 'upgrades'!" Mike said.

"I think upgrades is one word," Jamie informed.

"The perfect way to boost morale. And if we boost morale, we boost laughs. And if we boost laughs, we boost profits. And nobody has to be let go. Except maybe Stinky," Mike explained, whispering the last part.

"I heard that," Roze remarked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Getting a new vending machine, huh? Let's see how that turns out.