Chapter 43: The First Round

The next day, it was time.

"Good morning! And welcome to the first day of the annual Monsters Incorporated Bowl-off-a-thon. Coming to you live from the Monsters Incorporated Laugh Lane,"  Smitty announced.

"Of course it's live, you idiot! What else would it be?" Needleman asked.

"I'm just trying to do it like on TV," Smitty said then informed, "First up, the Sliding Slugs versus the Big Wazowskis."

In response, the first bowler for the Sliding Slugs gave the Big Wazowskis a thumbs up then down.

"Wow. This is so exciting," Fritz replied.

"That is one word," Tylor responded.

"And he makes his approach," Needleman said.

The first bowler panted hard and fast as he barely moved.

"Still making the approach," Needleman remarked.

It took the first bowler until the next morning just to get to the alley. Everyone was asleep, Tylor and Jamie cuddling each other. Then Smitty's alarm clock went off, waking everyone up. Tylor and Jamie noticed their position, so they jumped apart.

"Good morning. Approach time has elapsed. It's time for everyone to get back to work. The Big Wazowskis win," Needleman announced.

They all cheered at that. The slug sighed and sobbed while letting the ball go and getting a strike.

Mike later went to brag to Gary before sweetening the deal with not only the month-long paperwork, but being the butler of the winner, to which Gary agreed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N They won the first round.