Chapter 61: Vendy's Funeral

A monster played funeral music as MIFT had a funeral for Vendy.

"Today, we mourn the passing of another very special member of our MIFT family, Vendy," Fritz began.

"We're having a funeral for a vending machine?" Tylor questioned.

"It's best not to question it," Jamie told him.

"Not just any vending machine. Vendy and I began our careers here at Monsters, Inc. On the very same day. Me, an ambitious young mechanic. Vendy, a machine with a dream of dispensing chilled drinks at an inflated price because of the convenience," Fritz continued.

"She was worth it!" Val sobbed.

"She wouldn't want us to cry. But instead, to celebrate her life," Fritz did the same.

They then had the vending machine taken out.

"My dear Vendy, she's gone. Old and broken. Gets you to thinking. Maybe I'm old and broken, too," Fritz stated sadly then told the monster before going back into his office, "Thanks, Haggis, we'll pay you out of the miscellaneous expense account."

Even after he closed the door, the others could hear Fritz sobbing loudly and the monster left.

"This is my fault," Tylor sighed.

"No, it's not," Val and Jamie assured.

"Sure it is. He's the one that jammed his freakishly oversized antler right through Vendy. You're better at breaking things than fixin' 'em. First Vendy, now Fritz," Duncan remarked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N My gosh, Duncan!