Chapter 92: Mini Monster Day

Meanwhile, the monsters were watching the kid monsters in the lobby, preparing for Mini Monster Day.

"Hello, mini monsters. Remain with your chaperones, please," the announcer said.

"Snow cones here! Get your snow cones! We got lemon, we got lingonberry. And the original snow flavor," Adorable announced.

"It's Mini Monsters Day," Sulley replied.

"The day we open up the factory to all you kids to learn about working at Monsters, Inc.," Y/N added.

"Hey! Watch the back," Mike exclaimed as a kid tried to climb on him.

"And the best part is, as supervisor, I get to tell other monsters what to do without having to do anything myself," Celia explained to some kids.

"Nice!" they commented.

"If you work hard and dream big, one day, you can empty the trash cans here, too," Smitty explained to one tiny kid.

"Shut up. You want to put us out of a job?" Needleman remarked.

They then noticed their kid chewing on their plunger.

"That's so unsanitary," Needleman commented.

"But cute!" they both said.

Then Ms. Flint brought her daughter, Thalia.

"Do I have to do this, Mom?" Thalia asked.

"It's just for one day," Ms. Flint answered.

Thalia groaned and pointed out, "You say that every year."

"Come on, Thalia," Ms. Flint urged.

"Please hold, he'll be right with you," Otis said on the phone.

"Hey, Otis. How's your mom?" Thalia wondered.

"Oh, thanks for asking, Thalia. Her eyesight's going, hmm...But she's got more eyes where those came from. So it's not a problem," Otis answered.

"What group is she with? I gotta get back to the funny business," Ms. Flint said.

"Let me check. Uh, she's with...Ooh, MIFT. The Monsters, Inc. Fun Team. Fun!" Otis told them.

"Right. Sorry, honey," Ms. Flint apologized.

Thalia sighed and mumbled, "MIFT."

She then went to the MIFTers.

"All right, kids. Kids, over here. Come on, gather around. And prepare to have your mini monster minds blown wide open," Fritz said.

"Blown wide open? Cool," one of the kids commented.

"Is that safe?" another asked.

"Hold it. Where's Ty-Ty and Jamie?" Fritz wondered.

"He can't miss his very first Mini Monster Day. And she doesn't normally miss out on this," Val replied.

They looked around until Val spotted them.

She gasped and said, "Oh, there they are."

Val then approached them.

"How'd the audition go? Sixth time's the charm," Val remarked.

"Seventh," the couple corrected.

"Seventh time's the charm?" Val asked before imitating an explosion.

"That's it. No more auditions. No more Jokester. Nothing, ever," Tylor said.

"Sorry, Double T," Val apologized then wondered, "And I take it you won't get your chance, J?"