Chapter 57: Couples Worrying

At closing time that night, Mike, Y/N, and Sulley went home. Mike immediately went to bed while Y/N and Sulley stayed up for a bit.

"You think this is really the end of laugh power?" Y/N asked as she sat on Sulley's chair.

"I really hope not," Sulley answered.

"I hope not either. I mean, we just figured out that laughs are 10x more powerful than scream. So you would think Monsters Inc. would be getting better results," she said sadly, burying her head in her hands.

"I know, honey. But it's not gonna start off that way. It'll take time for others to adjust," he pointed out, rubbing her back in comfort.

"You know that's not what I meant," Y/N remarked, looking at him with a small smile.

"Yeah. But it's true," Sulley smirked, making her giggle, then he continued, "But in all honesty, I think it'll all work out."

"I hope you're right, Blue Boy. I mean, we just became the CEOs for Monsters Inc. I'd hate for us to lose that when we can make a huge difference in Monstropolis," she said.

"I know. But we can still make a difference regardless," he replied and assured, "Whether we are rich or poor, we can figure a way out to help other monsters."

"Yeah. We can," Y/N smiled.

She then caressed his cheek and kissed him. He returned it as he picked her up, making her giggle in the kiss. Next thing you know, they were in Sulley's bedroom.

(A/N I'm gonna leave that for interpretation. 😂)

Meanwhile, Tylor took Jamie home, both nervous of what was to come.

"Are you okay?" Tylor asked.

"Here and there," Jamie answered.

"I'm sorry about what went on between Duncan and I," he apologized.

"It's fine," she insisted.

"Also, I'm actually surprised you stood up for him," Tylor said.

"To be honest, me too. Now don't get me wrong. I'm gonna smack him for everything he made you do," Jamie replied, making Tylor laugh lightly, then she continued, "But he really didn't deserve banishment."

"I can agree to that. But you're better at being merciful toward others, even if they don't deserve it," Tylor said while gently taking her hand.

She smiled, placed her other hand on his, and responded, "I wouldn't say that. You were like that growing up and you're still like that now. I wasn't the only one to defend Duncan after all."

Tylor smiled and admitted, "Yeah. You're right."

"I try to be," she smirked.

He laughed a bit before telling her, "I was right to talk you into those comedy classes. Even though you don't need them."

She giggled before snuggling up to him, him putting an arm around her and holding her close.

"I feel like I thank you a lot and yet it's never enough, Ty," she said.

"You don't need to keep thanking me for anything, J. You being you will always be enough for me," he said.

She looked up at him with tears brimming in her eyes before kissing him, him cupping her cheek. It lasted for a moment before they eventually parted.

"You're amazing, Tylor," Jamie told him.

"So are you," Tylor returned.

She then went in her house and he went home himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N This ought to be fun.