Chapter 64: Reassurance

Tylor and Val were outside the offices when Jamie was coming out, but stopped when she heard what they were talking about.

"All right. You heard Duncan," Tylor sighed.

"Don't listen to him," Val said.

"Why not? He's right. I'm not a good MIFTer. I can't even fix anything," he said.

"Sure you can, remember? You wrenched the nut," she reminded.

"One nut, Val. I wrenched one nut. If I'm fired, that's it. My life's over. No more chance at being a Jokester. I won't even...I won't even get to see you guys," Tylor pointed out then hung his head low.

Val sighed then noticed Jamie, who was also sad.

"Well, if anyone's word should matter when it comes to reassuring you, it's the one behind you," she said.

Tylor looked at Val then behind him to see Jamie. She then went inside as Tylor fully turned around and leaned back on the railing with a sigh and Jamie rubbed her arm shyly from the doorway.

"How much did you hear?" Tylor asked.

"From when you thought Duncan was right," Jamie answered.

"Well, it makes sense. I just break Fritz's favorite vending machine and now we hear about someone getting fired. Who else would it be? It isn't gonna be you, I know," he explained before resting his hands on the back of his neck and sighing in frustration.

She went to him and took his hands, saying, "Ty, you don't need to stress over this. Duncan's just trying to get in your head."

"But from what I've heard from everyone except Duncan, you're the best MIFTer on the job, so you're not getting fired," Tylor told her.

Jamie blushed at that before replying, "I never heard that personally. But I'll say this: if you're fired, I'm quitting."

"What? Jamie, no. You can't do that. Even if you didn't go to MU, you worked so hard to be here. You're the scariest and funniest monster I know. So you can't leave when you had a shot of being a Scarer and still have a shot at being a Jokester. So please don't quit if I'm fired," he explained.

"I can't promise that, Ty. Scarers, Jokesters, MIFTers, or unemployed, I'm sticking with you all the way," she said, gently wrapping her arms around his neck.

Tylor smiled as he wrapped his arms around her waist then said, "I love you for that. But you really don't need to give up anything for me."

Jamie's eyes widened at that then asked, "Did you just say you love me?"

His eyes widened too.

"W-Well, I...Y-You see...I-I didn't," he stammered as they let go of each other then said, "I'm gonna see if there's anything I need to do to cheer Fritz up."

He went inside as Jamie looked after him. She smiled lightly.

"I love you too, Tylor," she whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N Ahh! I can't even!