chapter eight part three

Crystal returned in under a minute, you've got to love the vampire speed. "Here" she said handing be a few bags of blood. "Thanks" I said with a smile then ripped into a bag. Each sip of blood I swallowed gave me back some of my strength. I could feel it coming back, bit by bit. Once I'd drained a couple - felt much better. I wasn't quite back to my normal strength but I was as close as I could be without being able to rest.

"Do you feel better?" She asked me still looking worried. "Yeah, thanks. Come on let's go help" I said and started towards the ballroom. When I walked in I was in shock. The whole room was in chaos. There were injured people scattered across the room. Many of them were dead, I could tell my the appearance of there skin. Instead of being as flawless as a model, the bodies looked as thou they were mummies. All shriveled up and leather like. The explosion blew a massive hole in the wall leading onto the gardens. There were bits of bricks and dibree everywhere, and many people were trapped underneath fallen beams and stones.

"I'll make a start over here I said pointing to the right of me where most of the people were trapped. "Okay" she said and made her way to the other side of the room. I saw Alexander and Sarah helping the less hurt people, trying to clear them out of the room. I nodded at them so they knew I was here to help and got to work on removing a beam that had landed on top of woman. "Are you okay?" I asked hoping she could hear me. "I think so" she said in a strained voice looking panicked. "I'm going to try and move the beam, but its going to hurt okay?" I warned her. She nodded that she understood. I had to literally use all my strength to lift it, but even then I could only lift it a little. "Your going to have to wriggle out" I said, trying not to drop it on top of her. "Okay" she said. she had trouble getting out from under it but she eventually got free. When she was a safe distance away I dropped the beam back on the floor. I watched as it shattered into hundreds of pieces, thankful that the woman was no longer underneath it.

"Can you walk?" I asked looking her over to make sure she wasn't badly injured. Luckily enough her body had already started healing. "I don't know" she admitted, looking embarrassed. "Come on" I said bending down to help her get to her feet. She let out a little scream when she was on her feet. "There not heeled enough, I'm going to have to carry you" I warned her and picked her up. I carried her out of the ball room and took her to the living room. Once she was on the sofa I made my way back to the ballroom to help get the others. I Wasn't entirely sure how many people came to the ball so I had no idea how many people were trapped and how many had died. It wasn't long till I found another trapped person, this one was a child, a sweet little girl. She was crying so had I doubt she could see through the see of tears. "Shh little girl, I'm going to try and get you out" I reassured her, hoping I could calm her a little.

"Mommy" she cried back to me. "I'm going to try and get you out first, then we can look for your mom" I promised. Okay" she said, trying to sniff back her tears like a big girl. I smelled straight away that this girl was human. So I had to work quick to get her out. Humans are so fragile compared to us. "I'm going to lift this rock, when I do I need you to try and get from underneath it, okay?" I explained, hoping to god she hadn't broken her legs. "Okay" she agreed. I counted back from thee so she knew when I was going to lift it. When I got to one I lifted the stone nearly a foot above her. "Quick" I urged her. I was loosing my strength quick and I didn't want to drop the stone back on her. Like a smart little girl she pulled at things around her to help her move. "Good girl" I said in a reassuring tone as she wriggled free. Once she was out the way I placed the stone gently back on to the floor. I didn't want to drop it and risk it shattering into as many pieces as the last one. If that happened a piece of it could hit the little girl.

"What does your mommy look like?" I asked when I picked her up from the floor. "Me" she said. That didn't really help. Everyone I could see was either covered in blood or dust, I could hardly tell the difference between any of the people here. "I need to know if thee is anything that could separate her from someone else" I explained, hoping to the gods she could understand what I meant. Luckily enough she did "she has red hair curly hair like a lion, and she's as tall as a giant" she explained. I love the way kids explain things. Her description helped me a lot. There weren't many humans here with red hair. I carried the little girl around as I looked for her mom. Each time we would pass a dead body I covered her eyes. She didn't need to see them, they would give her nightmares for life. I eventually found her mom amongst a pile of rubble. She was trapped under so many stones its a wonder she survived. "Mommy" the little girl cried. She tried to get out of my arms but I didn't let her. "Its not safe for you to run around sweet, besides I'm not so sure you can walk" I explained.