chapter ten part one

I walked behind her in a strop as she led me around the castle that she wanted, no expected me to call home, there was no way in hell that was going to happen. Hell would freeze over before I admitted it was my home. After a long walk she eventually came to a stop outside a stained glass door, the glass made up pictures of demons and other creepy stuff.

"I have all my clothes made in here, I don't see the point in going out when I can just stay in" she explained to me in her usual bored voice. "That's just pure laziness" I admitted. "Its being smart my daughter, the outside world holds dangers" she replied to me. I suppose what she said was the truth, but dangers lie everywhere. There's no avoiding them in life. Staying in your own home could be just as dangerous as the outside world.

"Whatever" was all I said back to her. I wasn't in the mood for an argument today. I just wanted the day to pass by quickly, just in case Angel comes to visit me again tonight. Just knowing that I could see that little girl maybe every night made this place bearable, made my time here bearable. She could show me my loved ones and show them me, pass messages back and forth between us. She could keep me company and keep me sane. That little girl will save my life, she might not know it but she will.

"Come on" She ordered, pulling me back out of my thoughts. I looked back towards her just in time to see her walking through the stained glass door. Cautiously I followed her, for all I knew hell could be behind that door. She wasn't known for telling the truth, but more for telling lies. Behind the door might not be clothes and fabric's like she said. But I had to follow behind her, if I didn't then she would be angry. And that would start another argument between us and maybe a fight. I don't want to fight today.

When I entered the room I was thankful to see that the room was in fact full of clothes. Not the normal clothes you see in shops, like jeans and tank tops. But clothes that you would have seen in the victorian times. Dresses that were made up of many layers, each skirt being made up of many layers of different fabric's. The bodices were mostly corsets, but some were just cloth. I suppose they could be for pregnant women, because they cant wear a corset. That could lead to the woman having a miscarriage.

"Pick one" she ordered me whilst she was walking over to a deep green dress. "Don't you have any jeans or sweat pants?" I asked, pulling faces at the dresses she wanted me to wear. I feel better in clothes that I'm used to wearing. "No, the women here wear dresses. Not trousers" she said to me in disgust. "Oh really? And here I thought this place was full of feminists" I said sarcastically. "It is, women are superior to the male race" she said to me as if I was thick. "Yeah sure, that's why you make women wear these stupid dresses. That just proves we are different. That we arnt as good as men, so we cant wear trousers" I challenged her with a sly smile on my face. "Trousers are men's clothes. The dresses we wear cost more than there clothes, they are better" she argued, getting pissed off with me again.

"Whatever, I don't want a dress" I admitted. I didn't want to get in to the whole debate over male and female clothes, that would just lead to yet another argument. "Well I'm afraid you have no choice" she said to me whilst walking away from the green dress. "Ugh whatever" I said in a stroppy voice and picked the first dress that came to my hand. "I'll have this one then" I said to her. She turned to face me and smiled. "Good choice" she said to me in a fake sweet voice, causing me to actually look at the dress.

I looked at it in disgust. It was the biggest, puffiest dress in the whole room, no scratch that the whole bloody world. And not only that but it was baby pink. "Ugh I've changed my mind. I don't want this one" I said, pulling a funny face at the dress. "Ah but you picked it. You have to have it" she said to me, a sick smile on her face. "Oh come on, you cant actually force me to war this" I complained pointing to the dress. "Oh but I can" she said with a giggle. "Oh what ever" I said back to her, storming out of the room. "Where are you going?" Lianna called out to me. "I'm going back to my room" I spat back at her. I didn't hear anything else she had to me because I turned a corner then went down a set of stairs.