chapter eight part two.

The night Liza was taken

DAMENS POV

==================================================================================

"Where's Liza?" Anthony asked me as when I reentered the ball room. "She's just gone to freshen up" admitted with a smile. Its probably best not to tell him she was crying. And that my stupidity was the cause. "Oh, well could you tell her that I would love a dance with her when she gets back please?" he asked. "Yeah" I said smiling. He nodded his head and left, no doubt to go and dance with all the other women here tonight. Kings have no choice in the matter thou, they have to dance with every female in the kingdom, or at least most of them. But he didn't seem to mind doing it, in fact I think he rather liked it. 

I walked over to a waiter and grabbed a glass of blood, I may as well have a drink whilst I'm waiting for her. I thought to myself. I watched as all the other couples danced together, all the different  dressed making a beautiful mosaic of different colours. All of a sudden I felt a pain in my chest, it was like someone was stabbing me with a red hot poker. I couldn't stand the pain and fell to my knees gasping for air, the glass I was holding fell from my grip and shattered on the floor into thousands on tiny peaces. Spilling the blood it once held all across the floor. Everyone stopped dancing to look at me when they heard  the impact of the glass on the floor. They all looked shocked.

I grabbed at my chest, hoping some how the pain would just go away. I've felt a lot of pain in my lifetime, but nothing ever felt quite as bad as this. It was like the red hot poker was twisting in my chest, cutting my heart into tiny peaces. "Damen?" I heard someone call me. I looked up to see Betty running over to me, with worry in her eyes. I never thought I would live to see the day that woman was worried over me. So if she was worried now, something must be horribly wrong. She came to a stop beside me and dropped to her knees, trebling. "Whats wrong?" She asked in a panicked voice. I tried to answer but I just couldn't form the words, it was like my voice just didn't want to work.

"C..ccheessst" I finally managed to spit out. It hurt me too much to talk. The pain started to get worse, like my heart was not only being shredded to bits by a red hot poker but also being ripped from my chest. Bit by bit. "Take deep breaths" She said in a reassuring yet panicked tone, placing a hand on my back and rubbing it. She must have forgotten I'm half vampire and don't really need to breath that often. I can go hours without needing to take a breath, and even then I just feel uncomfortable, Its not life threatening. So I don't see how taking deep breaths were going to help. But I tried anyway, I would try anything for this pain to go.

Surprisingly it worked, well a little. With every beep breath I took the pain got a little better. Don't get me wrong it still hurt like hell, but I was able to think through it. Something was wong, I could feel it inside of me. That was causing me the pain I was feeling. "Liza" I said. I could feel her, she was scared. Betty looked at me funny, "what about her?" she asked, not getting it "Somethings........wrong" I admitted. I gritted my teeth and tried to ignore the pain so I could stand up.

"Don't stand, you need to stay sat down" she said. "No, Liza needs me" I said. I finally managed to get to my feet, but nearly fell over. "Whoo" Anthony said, appearing out of no where to support my weight. "Whats happened?" He asked, looking between me and Betty nervously. "He just collapsed holding onto his chest then said something about Liza" Betty summed up for him in her still panicky tone. "What about Liza?" he asked, looking at me for the answer. "Somethings wrong, I can feel it" I admitted. I didn't know how to explain it, it was mad. And confusing, But I just knew that something was wrong with her.

"Where did she go?" Betty asked, finally getting it. "Her room....." I said. The pain was dulling more and more as time went on, but for some reason I knew I would feel some of this pain until I had her safe in my arms. "I'll go" Betty said then fled from the ballroom. The people who were dancing only minutes before were now all standing around me and Anthony, forming a circle of bodies around us.

"Come on, you need to set down" Anthony said leading me to a chair. "No, I need to find Liza" I said as Anthony dragged me along. I didn't have the strength to stop him, so I had no choice but to go where he was leading me. "Here" He said, helping me into the chair. "Shes not there" Betty cried, running back into the ballroom and over to me us. "Her room's a tip, and I found this" She explained, handing Anthony a note. As he read it you could see the what colour he had in his face draining out. He looked more white than usual.

"What is it?" I asked, forgetting about the pain. Anthony looked at me with pain in his eyes and handed me the note.

I'll take it that you didn't listen to my warnings.

I did ask Liza to pass them on, so don't blame me.

I promised that I would get you all back,

And with Helga's help, Ive got part of my revenge.

I make you pay for taking my daughter from me.

You silly little freaks should have listened,

I never make empty threats.

Liza is coming home with me, where she belongs.

She will become the evil witch she was meant to be.

Yours truly

LIANNA

I read it over and over, not wanting to believe what the words were saying. Lianna had been here, in this house. Without any of us noticing, and got Liza. And Helga of all people helped her.  

"I need to get her back" I stated, crumpling the letter in my hand. No matter how long it took me, how much it cost me. I will get her back, I wont stop until she is safe in my arms. "How?" Betty asked, tears streaming down her face. "I need to make a plan" I said, standing up. Anthony helped me when he noticed  was having trouble. "Thank you" I said as we walked towards the living room, leaving the party and the guests behind us.

We didn't have chance to make it into the living room before we heard a loud explosion. Bits of stone and furniture went flying everywhere as what was once the ballroom blew up. I looked back in shock as people were fleeing. I could hear screaming and crying coming from inside the rubble filled room. "Go and help them" I said to Anthony pulling out of his grip and leaning on the wall. "What about you?" he asked, looking torn. "I cant die so I will be fine, they can so go and help them" I begged

After a few seconds he nodded then left to go and help the trapped people. I looked around to see no one in sight. I knew i needed blood, and fast so I decided to try and make it to the kitchen. Using the wall for support I waked towards the kitchen. My legs felt like jelly underneath me, but I knew I had to get there. Once I have some blood I will be stronger and be able to help. When I finally made it into the kitchen I stopped at the door for a rest.

It was hard work walking when you were in as much pain and as weak as me. After a minute or so I made my way over to the fridge. I opened it and grabbed the jug of blood. I didn't bother with a glass, instead I drank it straight from the jug. I spilled a little as I drank it, but got most of it down. When the jug was empty I was still thirsty, I hadn't been that thirsty in a very long time. I looked around in the fridge but couldn't find anymore.

My legs felt a little stronger so I walked to the kitchen door. "Hello?" I called as loud as I could. Which wasn't loud at all, my voice had gone all deep and croaky. "Hello?"I called again after clearing my throat. It helped a little as my voice came out a little clearer. "Damen?" a woman asked, coming out of the ball room. "Crystal, oh thank the gods" I said. "Whats happened?" she asked, looking confused.

"Lianna" was all I said. Her face changed from confused to pissed. And believe me Crystal isnt someone you piss off. "Look, I need blood. I'm too week and there's none left in thhe kitchen" I explained, hoping to the gods she could get me some. "I'll be right back" She said then left.

================================================================================

Okay my lovers I'm leaving it here for tonight. I'm knackered and want my bed lol. I wanted this part to be all about the chaos Lianna left in the mansion. I hope its good, and one way for me to know it is, is for you to......

Please COMMENT_ i love to hear what you guys think :)

              FAN_ I love having fans it makes me smile XD

              VOTE_ Ive entered this story in the watty awards so your votes will be appreciated :p