chapter ten part three

As soon as the door was safely locked behind me I started running. I ran like there was no tomorrow, like my life depended on it. Which I suppose it did. If Lianna finds me trying to escape she will kill me. Or let her men have there way with me, and that in itself is worse than death.

After a minute or so of running I started to hear people calling me, telling me to stop. I ignored them and pushed myself harder. I could hear there heavy foot falls as they chased after me, and the barks of dogs. But I could easily out run them, most of them run with human speed.

As I was gaining more and more distance between them and he I started to see arrows and spears flying past me. I ignored the threat, not wanting to give up and give in. I'm not that weak. Just as I got to the outer gates of the castles gardens an arrow shot through my arm, causing me to scream out in pain.

I didn't stop, instead I pulled the arrow from my arm. Screaming in agony. I looked at the arrow and noticed it was wood. No metal tip on it just pure wood. I threw it to the floor and jumped. I jumped so high I cleared the gate with room to spare. - didn't know I could do that, but I was glad that I could. It saved me time, if I had to stop and open the gates my pursuers would have caught up with me.

Once I was safely on the other side I slowed down a little, not much thou. I still wanted to put as much distance between them and me but I was getting tired. I needed to feed, but I wouldn't. I refuse to feed until I get back home, where I can drink my blood from a glass and not some pore persons throat. I vow I will never do that again.

After a few miles I started to feel light headed. I stopped at a tree and climbed it, ripping my skirt in the process. Once I was close to the top I stopped and ripped the torn part of my skirt off. I wasn't so high up that the branches were too thin, but I wasn't low enough down so a man could safely climb up to get me.

I sat down on the branch, leaning my back against the tree to get my breath. I hated feeling light headed, it usually happens when I'm dehydrated. After a short while I felt a little better, but didn't want to risk getting down from the tree just in case. I watched the sky as it slowly started to change colors as the sun was rising.

I've always loved watching the sun rise, its so much better than watching it go down. When it goes down its signaling the end of a day, a day that might have been less than perfect. But when it rises it signals a new day, one that you can make the best day of your life. A new day full of new opportunities for you to take.

The sky slowly changes from ink black to a navy blue. Then the navy blue faded lighter and lighter until bits of pink and orange appeared. I could see the top of the sun starting to show itself as the sky continued to get lighter. Eventually the whole sun was visible, the sky now blue with no more hints of pink and orange in sight.

There were no clouds in the sky, obstructing the suns heat rays so it quickly became warm. I knew I couldn't idle in the tree much longer, there was no doubt that Lianna had her men looking for me, so it wouldn't be long until they found me.

Slowly I descended from the tree, once my feet were safely on the ground I started to walk. I didn't know what way to walk or where I was going. But I knew I had to get out of here, so anywhere was a better place to be. I decided on continuing forward because that would lead me the furthest away from Lianna than any other direction.

As I walked I listened to the sounds of the birds chirping from there nests. The sound of them calming me and taking some of my fear away. After a few hours I started to get hungry, and this time not just for blood. I didn't want to risk eating berries from some of the trees because they could be poisonous. But I could hear a stream close, the sound of the water trickling and slapping against itself.

I found it after about another ten minutes of walking. It was a beautiful lake, not too big but not too small. There were plenty of trees surrounding one part of the pond so I decided to go and sit there to shelter myself from the sun that just seemed to get hotter and hotter.

I found a branch on the floor, it wasn't very sharp but if I scraped it off a rock it would be a little more pointy. At least enough to stab a fish. After a short rest I got up from the floor and walked over to the waters edge. I watched the fish for a while, it seemed awful to kill one of them. But what choice did I have?

I decided on the bigger one because I didn't want to kill a baby fish. Animals have feelings too. I hadn't eaten fish in years, so I can't really remember how it tastes. But I was so hungry I would eat a horse right about now.

I stalked the fish for a while, angling my crafted sphere above it. Ready to strike at any moment. Just as I was about to strike I heard a rustle behind me, causing me to jump.

"You don't have to do that" I heard a soft voice say, I looked around trying to find its owner but came up empty. "Who's there?" I asked with a shaky voice. I was scared out of my shell, just in case it was one of Lianna's people.

"Me" the soft little voice said again, I span around like a mad man looking for the owner once again. But again came up empty. "Where are you?" I asked, trying to make my voice sound stronger than it was. "I'm down here silly" the little voice said again with a giggle. If I wasn't so scared I would be in awe at the voice and the giggle.

I looked down to see a tiny person, about the size of my hand. No not a person, a fairy. "No way" I said, shocked. I didn't actually believe that all mythical creatures existed, this just proved how wrong I was. "Yes way" she said with another little giggle.

====================

Hey guys, once again I got bored and my internet is back on my phone haha. I hope you like this part :) and because I've up loaded twice in one night I think I deserve votes and comments XD haha

Remember loves you all :)