Chapter 26

Eve stirred in sleep and opens her eyes. Xavier instantly grabbed her and helped her in sitting on the bed. He made her drink water and rubbed her back.

"Are you alright?" He asked worriedly.

"Yes, I am just hungry." She replied leaning her head on his chest.

Maria enters the room with a tray and walked to the bed. Eve looked at her and her words rang in her mind.

"Don't think much now. Whatever I said was true. I will tell you everything but first, finish this. Your baby is also hungry." Maria said caressing her hair.

Eve glanced at the food tray and licked her lips then attacked on the food. Once she finished eating they went down and settled on the couch.

"So you're basically my aunt?" Eve asked still confused.

"Basically, logically, officially, biologically by all means I am your real aunt," Maria replied with a laugh.

Xavier and Kayden also laughed excluding Eve who was giving innocent look to them.

"But.. but.. how?" She asked.

"David and Julia kidnapped you when you were just a year old. They are the most cunning, money-minded, and selfish people. That was the most dreadful day of all of your life." Maria replied with a sigh.

"What happened that day?" Eve asked coming out of the shock.

..................

22 Years ago

A boy age of six comes down holding his little sister in arms. His grip was tight and protective.

"Mama, Bella stopped crying." He yelled placing her on the couch.

She giggled looking at her brother and her brother squeezed her cheeks lightly.

"Diego, play with her for some time." His mother yelled from the kitchen.

"Bubu..." Bella stretched her hand to her brother and he carefully took her in his arms.

He put her on the floor and ran back to his room. He came back with a bag of toys and speared on the floor while she crawled around in the hall. Diego caught her and place her on the butt.

"Stop making me tired, birdie." He pinched her nose and she giggled at him.

"Bubu... Bubu..." She clapped her hands while he set the toy train.

Just then a man enters with lots of bags and she squealed seeing her favorite person in the house.

"Dada..." she crawls to him and he dropped the bags on the floor.

"My little pumpkin, you missed dada. Dada also missed you." He said taking her in his arms and kissed her chubby cheeks.

Diego ran to his room and his mother walked out of the kitchen with a smile.

"Noah, I thought you are coming tomorrow." She said walking to him.

"I just wanted to surprise you, sweetheart." He winked placing a kiss on her lips and she laughed ruffling his hair.

Diego comes back from his room with his school bag hanging on his shoulder.

"Mama, I am going to Jacob's home." He said taking his sister and kissed her cheeks.

She placed her saliva-filled hand on his cheek and smiled at him cheekily. He tickled her waist and she laughed heartily.

"I will miss you, birdie," Diego said pecking her nose and handed her to his mother.