Chapter 4

Xavier was sitting there on a couch with his laptop in her room as he refused to sit in another room to keep his eyes on her. He was still finding it hard to believe that her parents treated her like a stranger and physically hurt her.

"Please... ple... no... please... it hu... hurts..."

He heard her mumbled and instantly closed the laptop and rushed to her. She was sweating, trembling, and crying sleep thus made him panic.

"Lea.. leave me.. i... save me..." She cried moving her frame and he pulled her in his arms.

"Ssshh... it's a fine baby. No one is hurting you." He whispered some sweet words.

In a second she throws her arms around his neck and sobbed in his arms.

"Xavier... Xavier... they hurt me." She mumbled in his neck and cried hard.

"Baby, I am here. Go to sleep." He said rubbing her back while she was just crying.

She again fell asleep feeling safe in his arms and he laid her on the bed. This time she refused to let go of him and he sleep beside her snuggling her in his protective arms. He never did this before because he was never closed to any girl in past. It was the first time he sleeping hella close to any girl. The woman is not someone but his wife and he vows to protect her. He was burning in anger from inside seeing her in a vulnerable condition because her parents literally torture her at this level that she was having nightmares about it.

________________________

Xavier opens his eyes and found himself in her room. He glanced at her and kissed her hair then checked the time in his wristwatch. He never had such a peaceful sleep before. In fact, he never got a chance to sleep peacefully. He laid her properly on the bed and got down from the bed and went back to his room. He knew she hadn't forgiven him yet even she asked for his warmth it doesn't prove that she forgive him. He thought something and called someone.

"Hey.. son." His father said.

"Hello, dad. How're you and mom?" He asked walking to the balcony.

"We are good. How're you and Eve?" Alexander asked.

"Eve is not well." He replied hesitantly.

"Xavier, tell me what happened?" Alexander asked.

He took a deep breath and explains to him everything that happened between them.

"Damn it, son, what did you do it. Your mother didn't raise you like this. Don't repeat the mistake I did once in my life. I also judge your mom on her family background. Her parents were also like Eve's parents." He said disappointingly.

"I know dad and I am sorry for that but you also know I never closed to this any girl. These are foreign feelings for me." Xavier said.

"And talking about Eve's parents then I don't know why but I always felt that they aren't her real parents. She looks different from them." Alexander said thoughtfully.

"Are you serious, dad?" Xavier asked shockingly.

"I am serious, son. Eve is totally different from them. David, his wife, and his second daughter Madison are not good in person but Eve... she is too pure and innocent in between them." He said with a small smile.

"I felt it on our wedding day. Dad, I want to understand her. I want to listen to her. I love spending time with her. She is always cute when she makes different faces because I always engrossed myself in laptop." Xavier chuckled and his father laughed.

"I am happy that you are trying to give a chance to this marriage. God bless you both." Alexander said.

"Dad, I need your help. How do you make up with mom when you two fought?" He asked rubbing the back of his neck and his father laughed aloud.