Chapter 2

As the car halted on the road Evelyn glued her eyes on the shining street of New Jersey. A few days ago she was living a bachelor's life and within a second everything changed and today she was married to a man whom she least know. The only thing she knows that he is an arrogant, ruthless billionaire who doesn't care about anyone. She put her hand on the glass window and caressed the image of buildings that were quickly moving along with their car. She hasn't spoken a word to him nor had he uttered a word to her.

"We reached." His husky voice ringed in her ear and she instantly turns her face but only finds his face inches away from her.

He glanced at her parted lips and urges to savor them again while her cheeks turn pink due to their proximity. He pulled back and cleared his throat before going out of the car. One of the guards opens the door and Xavier forwards his hand to her thus she hesitantly gave her hand in his hand and comes out of the car. She looked up and found a huge building where she was going to live with him soon.

"Everyone come here," Xavier called the entire bodyguard.

They all comes and stood in front of them.

"Guys, meet my wife Evelyn Knight. She is free to roam in the entire building." Xavier said in a stern voice while Evelyn was looking at him with wide eyes.

They agreed and went back to their place. He put his hand on her back and led her toward the elevator. All of a sudden she was feeling scared and nervous. He pressed the button and the elevator started going up. Soon it's stopped and they come out of it. He put the password and unlocks the door.

"Welcome to my penthouse and from today yours too." He said welcoming her and she roamed her eyes all over in the beautiful house.

He held her hand and showed her kitchen then a terrace which was attached to the living room side and took upstairs.

"Evelyn, this is your room. I know you are still uncomfortable in my presence and I also care for my privacy so I am giving you a new room. Your luggage is already inside. Let's go." He explained thus she nodded her head.

She pushed the door and enters the room followed by him. She covered her mouth seeing such a beautiful and modern bedroom. It was bigger than her previous one. The large windows were giving a whole city view which was making it look more beautiful.

"I guess you like it. Make yourself comfortable and feel free to ask anything. I am next door to you." He said and turns to go.

"Xavier..."

He stopped hearing his name from her mouth for the first time. It was the first time he was hearing his name from her mouth and her voice, it's so melodious. His name sounds so beautiful and sexy from her mouth. He turns toward her as she was already looking at him. She stepped forward and wrapped her hands around his neck thus starlets him a bit.

"Thank you for understanding me." She mumbled breaking the hug and moved away from him.

"You know we both married out of love but it doesn't mean it's going to like this for years. Apart from my mother; you are the only woman whom I let you in my life. Evelyn, I am a very possessive man and I will go mad if I see you with any other man. Please, don't ever raise my anger that will lead us to something." He said in an extremely possessive tone thus she shivers a bit hearing his words.

"I promise." She could utter only these words.

"Then I promise too that there will be no other women in my life except you. Now let's seal the promise." Saying this he smashed his lips on her.

She clutched his coat and tried to kiss him back but he was not letting her do. She slowly tried to copy him by doing the same which makes him smile at her futile attempt. He bites her lips and moved his tongue in her mouth. She moaned as he sucked her tongue and tasted every corner of her mouth. They broke the kiss feeling out of breath and panted hard. He opens his eyes and notices her red cheek due to their kiss.