Chapter 24

Eve rubbed her palms together and Xavier pulled her closer.

"Relax. Okay. I'll be there with you." He said softly.

"But... but I have never attended a party before and I'm afraid that I'll ruin the party because I'm very clumsy and foodie." She said squeezing his hand and he chuckled.

"You won't ruin the party. You're the shine of today's party." He said kissing her forehead and she smiled a little.

"And I also didn't wear hills because I have a habit of tripping down." She said biting her lips and he looked down at her feet.

"Good thing you did because you're pregnant and I don't want you to get hurt anyway. And you can wear hills if you want and I won't stop you." He said caressing her cheek and she smiles her brightest one.

..................

The Reception Party

Vincent whispered something in Bony's ear then moved to Olivia and Alexander.

"Uncle, it's time now." He said looking around in the hall.

Alexander nods his head and held his wife's hand then both walked into the middle of the hall.

"Good Evening, everyone. Today, I'm very happy because my son finally decides to throw his wedding reception. I'm glad that you guys accepted my invitation. And now I would like to call my son Xavier and his wife Evelyn." Alexander said looking at the stairs as the spotlights fell there on the stairs.

Eve and Xavier walked downstairs and the guests were in aww seeing Evelyn. Xavier had securely wrapped his hand around her waist and Eve gave a nervous smile to the guests. Her parents David and Julia along with Madison; were standing in the corner and greeted their teeth. Everyone congratulated them and wished them happy married life. Just then a man clad in a black suit approached them and hugged Xavier.

"I thought you won't come to meet me," Xavier said breaking the hug.

"How could I not? It's not like Xavier Knight is going to marry every day." He said eyeing Eve then at him.

"I don't plan to leave my wife any time. Eve, meet my other friend Giovanni Mariano in short Gio. Vincent, I, and Gio were together in university." Xavier said introducing them.

"Hello, beautiful lady," Gio said forwarding his hand with a smile.

Eve looked at Xavier and he nods his head at her thus she shakes hands with him.

"If Xavier or any other person trouble you then come to me. I will shoot that person's head." Gio said winking at her and she gave him confused look.

Xavier hit his forehead and glared at him.

"She doesn't know what work you do and I request you to keep your work away from my innocent wife." Xavier snapped at him and he throws his hands in surrender.

"What he works?" Eve asked tugging his coat and he looked down at her.

"Baby, you don't need to know about it," Xavier said moving his hand in her hair and she nodded her head like a good girl.

"Why he didn't attend our wedding?" She asked with raised brows.

"Princess, I've asshole friends who don't like to attend my wedding. Including that Vincy boy." Xavier said glaring at both of them.

"Hey, you just can't insult us," Vincent said with faked hurt.

"I don't know about Vincy boy but I had some work to do when your husband invited me so I couldn't attend your wedding," Gio explained and Eve nodded her head.