𝟖 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐦𝐛𝐮𝐬𝐡 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐚𝐜𝐤

*

//NEXT MORNING//

Looking around at the very quiet and still village, the sun rises from behind the mountains before us. I adjust my cloak, before looking beside to see Hak walking over to a window noticing a little boy looking out. His large blue eyes lock with mine, with a curious but lonely look in his eyes.

Walking over he wraps his arms around me over the window, "Please Tae-Yeon......take care of Yona," I whisper softly.

"But.....y-your wounds...?" he whimpers.

Smiling softly I ruffle his head, "I will be fine," i assure him, before Hak pats his head.

"Don't worry, we both love you equally as much," He whispers softly, feeling the cool morning breeze blowing gently through the village while a few trees sway in rhythm. I saw Tae-Yeon's eyes welling up with tears building up, but he remains strong.

"I love you Tae-Yeon," i lean forward kissing his temple, before Hak and I both leave him thinking I saw red hair in the corner of my eyes. Shaking it off, we start heading out to the gate.

"You've got everything?" Hak questions, nodding in response he smiles. "Right, well.....we must be off now."

"Right,"

Making our way out of the village we reach the gates, only to see Tae-Woo by himself standing guard wide awake. Hak lifts his glaive holding it on both shoulders with hanging his arms on either side gripping it.

"Looks like you're doin' a better job of guarding the gate today," Hak smirks, with eyes shifting upon the young male.

"Well it's kinda hard to get a nap in, if I don't have a friend here to lean upon," He admits honestly, before lifting his head up.

With both chuckle in response, "You're so Lazy," I comment, seeing him getting slightly flustered but still remains nonchalant.

"So where are you two Generals headed off too?" He asks both of us, exchanging glances to Hak and me.

Hak shifts his glaive in his right hand resting against his shoulder, "Out, we're leaving for good," Hak replies.

"Oh yeah? Have a safe trip," Tae-Woo wishes us, but he seems to know something. To my surprise he seems rather too calm, with out departure. We both start heading out, "Hang on!"

"I'm a free man now, technically that makes you the Wind Clan's next leader," Hak informs us, turning around I nod in agreement.

He pouts with disapproval in his eyes, "That job sounds like a huge pain!" He whines. "Wait a sec, you both gonna leave Miss Lina behind?"

I shook my head, "She doesn't know and we both aren't sure how to say goodbye....knowing she's quite headstrong," I reply. "But please for Hak and I's sake, take good care of her."

"A Princess with half a kingdom after her, is a pretty big burden to leave," He comments, as my breathe hitches in my throat turning to him.

"You knew this whole time?" Hak questions in shock, when I notice the young teen fake snoring making me sigh deeply. Within a few moments I sense someone behind us, when....

"Hak! Yumi!!!!!" I hear her voice call, turning on my heel reveals Princess Yona rushing up to us frantically. She pauses, "I've decided! I'm leaving!...You both have to come with me!"

"Yona...." I whisper under my breathe.

Hak smirks turning around, "What's this now?" he asks her, wanting understand what's going on in her mind.

"I have to go away, if I were to stay here......I'd be putting Fuuga and The Wind Clan in great danger," She explains, while I look at her with a soft expression.