Unveiled; Outro

Unveiled The Maze's Mystery

~•~•~

The labyrinth was our own mind. It was cunningly made that even us could be lost in our own thoughts. It could make us be dazed along the way. We could be trap inside our anger and create a beast- a monster whom we showered with care, feeding it with our own wrath. The beast that will roar, ruin our lives. Too destructive that we could lose our own light. We could grow a parasite as well. A parasite that was made out of fear. It will creep us and made us lose our own sanity.

I was in deep thought while watching the fire consumed every inch of the rose's red petals. And just like the fire, we gave the desire to fight for what is right. It ignites our bones, made us run in adrenaline not minding the risk. Like a soldier who forgot his armor and shield. But there were times that we do feel so little of ourselves. We were so scared to fight for we only have nothing but ourselves. It makes us feel worse than we could. I heard the door swung opened but I resumed my business. With the book laying on my desk, I reached for my ink and gently put a sign below the back of it.

Finally, it was done.

"I heard you're looking for me, Theo." I veered around my swivel chair and gazed at the owner of the voice. I lifted up the book in my hand and as soon as she caught sight of it her lips parted.

"They made it!" Her voice in delight. Her lips rose as she made her way towards me. She grabbed the book in my hand as she scanned it with her ocean eyes.

"These kids never really failed to amaze me, huh. So, to whom am I going to send this?" She asked before sitting on my desk. She reached for an apple. Her lips brushed the crimson fruit as she took a bite on it.

"Send it to Athena." I simply retorted.

"Kuya Theo?" A brunette kid gaped on my door searching for me.

"Was that Zacharias?! Gosh! I miss this kid!" She chuckled exclaimed and run towards the innocent kid.

"Ate Victoria?! I mit you!" I chuckled at his words. They even hugged each other in front of me and completely forget my presence. Great. I rolled my eyes and thumped the pen in my hand.

"Kuya Theo! 'Di ba you'll teach me some magic tricks pa?" Oh, I thought he forgot. His doe eyes landed on me again after their little chitchat. I grinned and crouched down his level. He giggled and clapped his hands in excitement as he waited. I showed him my hand with a blue paper before I crumpled it. I let him blow my hand and count up to three. As I opened it, a butterfly flies in the air.

"Wow!" He clapped his hand and jumped. I ruffled his hair and went back to my sit. A nanny soon followed and excuse Zacharias to eat his breakfast. I then turned my swivel chair to the fireplace hearth and watch the dancing flame again.

"It was already done. What were you thinking of, Theo?" I watched her walk beside me in my peripheral vision. Then, like me, she watched the fire in front. I could only shrug.

"I just wonder... How could people let themselves be destroyed by love instead of fixing them?" I blurted out. It still puzzled me. I even thought that building games might help me understand that, but it only does otherwise. It became more complicated.

Along our way of finding the way out of the maze, we don't realize that the real enemy we have was ourselves. In just a snap we could betray our own words. In a blink of an eye, we could turn our backs to our faith because we're too tired of finding our voice. There, we ended up choosing to become voiceless.

"You know, it's not about being destroyed. It was their choice if they let love to wreck them, but they could still choose the latter. They could let love set them free if they choose to only believe." That was deep. That made me looked at her but she was only staring in front. Fire dances on her ocean eyes. It was clear and calm. It hit the rock.

"How could you?" I whispered amazed. All this time I was searching for an answer, but here it was. It solely slipped her lips.

"Why? We tend to make life so complicated. But just hitting the root makes it simple. It will be only complicated if we think of all the hindrances." She shrugged as she turned to me. Nevertheless, we dare to take another path. We grab the apple with our hands. Biting the crimson fruit pulling us as fell into the trap. Well then, that must be the period for the puzzle. I unconsciously grinned and shook my head.

In the end, the verdict was still left in our hands. Are we letting it destroy us or let it fix us?

"What a great story to be known."

We cannot be compared to any diamonds because we ourselves- were the treasure.

το τέλος.