Labyrinth 41

Laine's POV

I was gasping heavily while looking around. I used to dodge some attacks and tried my best to protect the others. But I was too late to realize someone heading towards me. My eyes grew wide upon the approaching shadow. I did not even have the chance to avoid the approaching arm in front due to how fast everything was! A whimper escaped my lips. My body already went to bend because of how painful it was. I winced as a tear escaped my eyes due to the incredible pain! Napayuko ako habang hawak-hawak ang tiyan ko nang masikmuraan ako. I can't open my eyes well and even when I did, everything's starting to be blurry. Hindi ako agad naka-atake dahil sa panghihina. I was poorly gasping for air which he did not let pass. I just felt a handful of grip in my hair as my body forcedly slammed down the floor.

'Blogshh!'

"Ahhhh!"

I coughed hard due to a clash when the side of my hips hit the hard floor. I struggled to free myself from the grasp of this man but I just can't! Hila-hila nito ang buhok ko habang kinakaladkad ako. I felt how the side of my eyes was getting watery. The grip he had on my hair was too strong! I could even feel the roots of my hair almost giving up! Sobrang sakit! With my blurry sight, I tried to reach my other hand to something on the ground while I'm being dragged. My eyes narrowed when I caught something. Pinakiramdaman ko ang paligid. I calculated my surroundings and I made sure that I could attack him with the area that could hurt him the most. And with the estimated area and time, I didn't think twice when I strike him with the wood I've got.

'Bogsh-!'

I was soon freed as he fell off the ground with his blood oozing on the marbled floor. I panted slightly as I pulled myself up. Napahawak ako sa pader bilang suporta bago pumikit-pikit dahil umiikot na talaga ang paningin ko. When I did, I quickly run back for my friends.

"Peach, on your back!" I yelled. She glanced at me, bobbed, and hastily bent her side body and raised the 45 she's clenching and smashed the man with it. I shortly looked for Led and saw him having a hard time on the other side with four men in black. He was being cornered! My brows furrowed as I extended my gun aiming at the man on his left side. I closed my left eye and let out a breath before grabbing the trigger.

'Bang!'

With that, one fell dead on the floor. This time I shifted to another mark concentrating it to the one holding a big samurai motioning it to Led, and before he could do anything else...

'Bang!'

That was tight! Led immediately fixed his gaze at me before smirking. He turned to the other man and quickly dodge his attack and knocked his head with his revolver. I lifted my body to the left and saw another man approaching with his balled fist that made me promptly bowed my head as I felt a thrill of wind from above my head. My breath tightened as I turned my heel and elbowed his chest. Before he could even recover, I gave him a high kick hitting his jaw that made his body slammed to the floor.

"Help!!!"

Agad akong napatingin sa kanan kung saan iyon nanggaling at nakita si Peach. Nagulat na lang ako nang marahas siyang hatakin ng isa pang nakamaskara at tutukan ito ng dagger sa leeg. Natigilan ako at hindi malaman ang gagawin habang kinakabahang nakatitig sa braso nitong nakapalibot sa leeg ni Peach. I looked down at the gun from my hand but my arms started to shake as I realized that my gun... is no use compare to how close he got to my friend.

"Bitawan mo siya." Mariing saad ko. But to much dismay, he only countered it with a sinister laugh. I felt how my blood ignited to boil. My teeth clenched because of how furious I was already. Bumibilis na rin ang tibok ng puso ko at ramdam ko na rin ang pagtitindigan ng mga balahibo ko. With this panorama, I was flipped to that memory— Madeline... I shook my head harshly. Hindi na 'yon pwedeng maulit! Hindi ko kaya... Napalunok ako as I tried to compress my brain to think carefully.