Labyrinth 40

Somehow, looking at people's fading steps

Makes me smile

For they will walk away

Not because they are tired of everything

But because that will set them free.

-inkofdawn

Lay's POV

"Just run. Don't even bother to look back. Ako na ang bahala sa kanila." Napangisi ako bago ipinasok ang mga kamay sa bulsa. They are now getting further and further from my sight. And somehow, looking at their now fading backs makes me smile.

"Stay alive for me, my friends." Napahinga na lang ako nang malalim bago kinapa ang pakete ng sigarilyo sa kanang bulsa ko. Kinuha ko ito bago sinindihan gamit ng lighter. Buti na lang pala nakita ko 'to kanina sa dining hall. Inipit ko na ito sa'king labi matapos masindihan. Sinandal ko ang likod sa pader bago pumikit. With my eyes closed, I only see memories of Madeline's furious face. She will definitely kill me when she saw me in this state that made me slightly chuckled. Nagawa niya akong mapatigil sa paninigarilyo. Though, I only smoke when I'm stressed out or having deep thoughts, she still lectured me that it was still bad for health no matter how seldom it was. She even enumerated the ingredients for me. Those memories of her made the side of my lips rose. Only if she's here, I can still realize the meaning of everything... But when she died in front of me, I felt terribly useless. Hindi pa naman ako baldado pero wala akong nagawa para iligtas siya. Asar akong napabuga ng usok kasabay nang mas paglapit ng mga yabag ng paa. It seemed they are just few feet far from me. So they are already here, huh?

I opened my eyes before throwing the piece of cigarette on the floor and stomped it with my left foot. I raised my head and slightly grinned. So they are already here.

"What's up, rat bastards!" I sarcastically greet them. What took them so long? I can't wait to break their bones. They seemed heaving deep breaths like they just run a marathon. I shook my head to how desperate they looked.

"Looking for me, huh? Then let's start our mini party, shall we?"

I landed my flaming gaze to each of them. One, two, three... Five, eight? Great! This will be bloody fun! From leaning my back into the wall, I fixed myself and readied my body. I heard the cracking of bones as I stretched my arms and neck while looking to them intently.

"You killed her, then let me avenge for her. Let me make you taste your own blood." I gritted my teeth before raising my own gun pointing to the one in front of them with an odd clown mask. And without thinking twice, I pulled the trigger.

'Bang!'

Blood splashed the ivory walls. But my face remain stoic. Do you think being a monster is powerful? No. Being a monster sucks. It is painful realizing all you can do is destruct, kill and make others live in fear. They will be terrified of you when all you need is love. And when you love? You must kill your own self because you're a monster and loving will kill the person you love. But people turned blind eye of an another angle. The history of how it turned to be a monster. All they believed was how terrible it was, how destructing a monster can be. They were not lies but they blocked the other side of truth that...

Monster can be tamed by genuine love.

And that's the reason why monster can be destructing. Because they kill for those people who only believe and love him.

My teeth clenched when a stinging pain penetrate my left arm. But everything was chaotically fun. It was so loud and gore. I run and dodge their every attacks as much as I can. Right now, I don't care about anything. Heck, I don't even care about the stinging cuts I'm getting from these jerks! I don't care if I'll fall dead in any minute by now because at this moment, all I want is to kill them with my own hands. They caused her death, so I will caused them their end as well. My vision was now turning into its darkest as it can be and their death only fueled me.