Labyrinth 39

"Lost"

While we're looking for hope

For the answers in this exhausting repeating scenario,

It was already too late for us

To realize that while doing so,

We are the ones who get lost.

-inkofdawn

P. 39

Laine's POV

"Now, we're f*ck up! For the nth time nagkahiwa-hiwalay na naman tayo!"

"So, what are you trying to say, huh?" I began to sense the hard surface I'm laying with my head into someone's lap. My forehead furrowed when I heard loud voices arguing. I flinched my fingers in an attempt to wake the other parts of me as I felt so exhausted. The irony is that I wake up feeling all tired instead of feeling alive. May mga pagod lang talaga na hindi kayang tanggalin ng pahinga.

I almost jerked when I felt a drop of water on my left cheek emerged from another. Slowly, I opened my eyes just to recognize we were now in another place. My vision landed on Peach whom my head was laying. She was silently watching Jax and the other's quarrel, but I noticed how her eyes shake nervously as it well waters from it. I blinked and her head slowly turned to me.

"Gising ka na pala." Bulong nito. Lungkot ay bahid sa boses niya. A weak smile was once forced on her lips but she ended up pursuing it. I tried to get up but my lips formed a winced when I felt how my head pound in pain when I tried to sit up. I instantly put my hand on my head. Ang sakit. But I still make it and force myself to get up.

"Gaano katagal na tayo rito?" Tanong ko kay Abi na nasa tabi ni Peach.

"An hour? I don't know. Simula nang pagsabog ng bomba almost all of us went unconscious because of the impact lalo na yung malapit sa pinangyarihan." Bigla kong naalala ang nangyari. Our attempt to run away before the bomb explodes. And Peach who tried to run back-- at ang mag nag-ina! I was too late to grab Peach to prevent her from running back and there I witnessed it right in front of my eyes. How orange and red light explode just in front of us! Yet the mother's eyes before the explosion happened... I bowed my head and shut my eyes when I felt a slight pinch at my heart. Those eyes... It was just pure love. The mother's love I've never felt again when my mother left me.

"Gano'n ba? B-but where are the others?" I tried distracting myself before overthinking starts consuming me again. And I just noticed there are missing— we are not complete.

"Iyon nga ang pinagtatalunan nila. Nagkahiwa-hiwalay na naman tayo. Haysss!" Bumuntong hininga pa ito bago tumayo na rin. I looked around and saw Jax and Led looking furiously towards each other. And I glanced again at Peach who's curled in her knees while looking at nowhere with her eyes blank. When I walked towards her, I noticed a little drop of water falling from her eyes. She's crying, again. And it hurts me too.

"Hey," I tried to call her attention and sat next to her. She then wiped her tears before looking at me.

"I'm sorry..." Her voice broke. I shook my head and held her arms.

"Wala ka namang ginawang masama, ah?" Ani ko dahil sa pagkakatanda ko ay wala naman talaga.

"What are you apologizing for?"