Labyrinth 29

Do you think being a monster is powerful enough?

Laine's POV

"Madeline!!!"

I held my breath upon witnessing the next scene. My heart almost stops from beating as I felt a knife without remorse piercing through my chest while watching every twist unfolding in front of me.

My breathing slowed and my mind cannot even properly follow everything. It seems that time stopped only for this torturous moment!

Only the sound of the knife and the extracting blood rushing very fast from her neck is the next thing that had happened. My eyes widen in disbelief! It does not only makes me want to throw up but also silence and slowed every motion in the whole room. It seems time really favored us to savor this moment... this painful moment. These minutes that pain harshly penetrates toward our soul. I cannot hear anything aside from the harshly tearing in my heart while I felt the drop of waters rushed down from my eyes. They are quickly falling! Drop by drop, top fast like they are betting who to fall first, ironically I am the one who fell first— fell so deep where I barely see my hope. It feels as if I'm drowning blindly and cannot even force my body to move! Everything I see around me is gray and blue. 

"H-hindi..."

The sudden rage of heat in my neck travels all over my body. My vision's blurred and helplessly, I cannot do anything but watch her body weakly fall and surrendered to the cold floor. I badly wanted to shout! Just already lose my control-- yet here I am, chained, statued and dumb watching her blood spread on the floor. My breathing's uneven, helplessly I'm crying the pain of the loss of a person dear to my heart.

She had saved me from my despair when my mother unjustly died. Madeline is next to my parents who saw me in tears and sincerely wiped them away. My cousin never gives up to bring the smile back to my lips. She just pulled me up from drowning in that darkness yet I failed her.

"Hey, Laine! Stop with the sad face na nga! You're too pretty for that, you know? " mabilis kong iniwas ang mga mata rito at katulad ng nakasanayan ay humarap na lang ulit sa malaking bintana ng kwarto. How could I smile after that, right? I just don't know how to continue life! It's my mother! Just how?!  Why in my young age do I have to lose her?

"Laine... You know, kung nasa'n man si tita ay hindi niya magugustuhan ang nangyayari sa'yo right now," seryosong ani nito at ang mga mata'y lumamlam. Ilang araw na siyang nandito at pinipilit akong lumabas. Ngunit sa sinabi nito ako napaisip nang malalim. Indeed, mom won't like it when I'm sad. She'll always tell me to be happy because there's a lot to be appreciated in life! There's a lot of reason to be grateful for! I remember how she'll cheerfully wake me up, sang happily in the mornings and cook us delicious breakfast. She's just so precious that's why I can't find any reason why she died! Bakit s'ya pa hindi ba? It must be those who did cruel things! It must be those goons who kill the innocent! It must not her... Just how can they do that?! How can they kill the innocent who did nothing wrong!

"Listen couz, I'll promise you one thing and in return, you'll smile for me!" I turned around and stared at her while she's raising her left hand like doing an oath.

"Please.. Pretty please, Laine!" she wiggled and acted her beautiful eyes too. I shook my head witnessing how hard she tried to make me smile. Slowly the thin line of my lips formed a curve making her eyes widen. She then smiled widely, clapped, and jumped repeatedly in rejoice! I even laugh while watching her.