𝟑 | 𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐎𝐟 𝐀 𝐏𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬𝐬

*

//THREE YEARS LATER - IN KOUKA KINGDOM//

The large crowd filled the centre of the palace courtyard, streamers and decorations were layered and hanged all around with lanterns scattered around all lighting up the for the Ceremony. The king slowly made his way to the top front of the stairs to face his kingdom proudly, while I stood beside Hak representing myself as vice general beside Hak who towered over me. Three whole years went by, since I began serving for King Il. Hak has grown taller, hair slightly longer and more toned up. I grew an inch taller which kind of peeved me off, while my body gotten more curvier in all area and I had a bit more chub to add to my figure.

It wasn't because I ate too much because rarely eat, but it was the way my body was. I felt self-conscious about it, but one night Hak explained it's probably in my father's genes. My father having a buffer body type, so it wasn't my fault he would say. Typical, but Hak is very fussy when it comes to women's weight or size. Yet my scars that I had three years ago were still marred across my body, and every time I looked at them I felt ashamed at myself.

Lifting my head up among the crowd I had my arms behind my back, when I yawned tiredly. "Someone didn't get sleep," Hak neared beside my ear, when i shove him away.

"Leave me alone, did the King have to make a ceremony this early?" I whined.

"I just wanna nap honestly," Hak admits, when I hear the drums beat heavily before King began to speak.

He raised his hands up, "This year marks the tenth anniversary of the death of my father, the great King Joo-Name, our cherished land of Kouka is a small Kingdom with powerful neighbours!" The King began. "We have plunged into wars with them countless times in the past!"

Hak nudged me lightly, "Where's the Princess, thought you were on watch?" He questions me, quietly while he tilts his glaive in hand.

Sighing deeply remembering when I last saw her, "She must be still in her chambers, prepping for this event," I assume, remembering a certain someone was visiting today. "I guess it's because of him, that he is coming today."

Looking amongst the crowd, "What a child," Hak comments.

A smile curls upon my lips, "You know girls like having big crushes, if she found it....so be it," replying simply, when he scoffs.

"Really? What about you? I don't hear you discussing about boys," He asks me, making me close my eyes shifting my weight to my right leg.

"Honestly I don't like to think much about it,"

"What about General Ju-Do?" He smirks, feeling my cheeks burn in response.

"Shut up.......I don't," I hiss quietly.

"Sure, sure,"

I could hear the King continue on, "My daughter will soon turn sixteen, for her sake and yours, I pray that my ancestor the crimson dragon King will continue to shower blessings upon our beloved nations and forever!" The King declares, before everyone cheering and clapping to his speech. Drums sounded, the sound of happiness ins everyone's voice lifting before the King.

"Let's head back and find the Princess," Hak mutters, before following along with the King knowing he will be finding Yona with him.

*

///

Finally reaching the room to finding the red haired princess I breathe out in relief she was okay, but she was fussing and walking around twirling her thick curly red hair. King Il seemed to have trouble reassuring her that her hair is beautiful, "Your hair is gorgeous, Hak, Yumi.....tell her," The King asks for our opinion, while both of us knelt down.