43. Hold on

" Keith....." I called knocking on his cabin door.

" yes Miss white," he said popping his head out with a huge coffee stain over his shirt. I started laughing pointing at him gaining a lot of attention, Keith put down his head in embarrassment.

" what's with you and coffee " I questioned a girl walked past us she looked him up and down her eyes landing on the stain she burst out in laughter running away quickly.

" I am sorry, but that was fun," I said heading towards my office, realizing I was supposed to say something I walked back to a confused-looking Keith.

" I forgot to say, I would want you to help me with some files till jess arrives," I said looking at him a bright smile played on his face.

" I am in," he said setting his tie.

" not with this, " I said pointing towards his shirt heading to my office.

"Miss white," he said knocking on my door signaled him to come in as I was talking on the phone. I placed the phone down handing him a bunch of files.

" yes Miss white "

" dude please call me Alicia I feel like I am working at the teddys office," I said thinking at the horrors I would have to go through. Putting back the horrible thought behind I got back to work with a weirdly smiling Keith.

The phone rang I moved my chair along the side, checking the caller id it was an unknown number sighing I picked up" hello " I said playing with my pen.

" Is this Alicia " the lady on the other end questioned.

" yes this is she," I said rolling around in my chair.

" Miss Alicia this is to inform you that miss Jessica Walter has been in an accident and is admitted to the hospital" The phone went silent and so did my life, I couldn't understand anything it was like everything was blocked, Keith stood up worried at my reaction but it seemed like my whole body was numb, not able to react, thinking about jess and that she needs me I quickly stood up running out.

" Alicia " Keith yelled following me.

" it's jess she needs me " I kept mumbling trying to calm myself not bothered about the way everyone was looking I rushed out realizing I left my keys, my purse, and my phone I groaned in frustration.

Turning around Keith stood behind me holding my purse, my phone, and keys I thanked him taking away the purse and the phone from his hand.

" Alicia please let me drive," he said walking around sitting in the driver's seat, while I in the passenger.

Every second in there I prayed that it was just another prank and it was another surprise birthday party but the odds of it were thin and the fact that I was called to the hospital, scared me even more, my heart and mind and the thoughts in it scared me.

" We are here," Kennedy said in the softest tone possible I quickly jumped out rushing towards the reception with Kennedy following.

" We are umm. Huh," I couldn't get actual words out of my mouth.

" We are looking for Jessica Walter," Kennedy said to a confused receptionist.

" room no 239," she said leaving Kennedy behind I rushed towards her. The state she was in collapsed every inch of my insides, my eyes started glistening with tears looking at my best friend covered in a cast from top to bottom. If she was awake right now she would be like I look like a freaking mummy glaring at the doctors with her playful apple green eyes cursing them for chopping off her long red hair.