12. Comfort.

“ ci !” Jessica yelled in my ears almost making me deaf, I looked at her completely startled.

“ what the fiddlestick is wrong with you? ” I asked looking at her completely pissed.

“ it's already seven o clock, we got to go home, and seriously I appreciate you trying not to cuss but fiddlesticks seriously,” she said folding her hands, I looked at the brown clock placed on the wall and realized it is way past the working time.

“ huh,” I huffed in annoyance as I laid back in my chair comfortably, putting my brown hair into a messy bun.

Jessica sat across me smiling at me weirdly.

“ what ?” I asked irritatedly. I had a feeling I shouldn't be asking but I asked anyway.

“ you don't wanna go home because Mr. William is on a trip and you'll miss him,” she said raising her eyebrows weirdly high, swinging in her chair.

“ first of all, he's just been gone for three hours now and he'll be back in three days, so no I am not missing him,” I said in a quirky tone leaning forward.

“ you sure kept count of the time that he's gone for,” she said smiling.“ and don't tell me that you did not start liking Mr. William even a little bit since your date with him last Sunday”.

“ Oh come on, it wasn't a date, it was just two friends having lunch”. I said standing up, packing up my things.

“ it all begins from there honey, it all begins there,” she said standing up.

I blew raspberries at her as I said “ you and your romantic shit, I am waiting for the day you will find yourself a husband and I get to do the gross talk ” I looked at her, her face turned completely pale. “ hey you alright? ” I asked walking closer to her.

“ yeah I am, I feel a little unwell I... I'll be heading out first,” she said running out of my office leaving me alone.

“ What a weirdo!” I said walking out of the building.

************************************

I turned the knob opening the door entering the house, the whole house smelt like Duncan all fresh and coconutty. I took a quick shower I changed into my pajamas. I was in no mood to cook food so I ordered a pizza for myself and I finished half of it as I watched friends and left the other half in the freezer.

I turned off the lights everywhere, I checked the locks on the door and windows twice before I went to my room. But I couldn't sleep at all it may sound weird but I was scared, that someone would attack me, or anyone would enter the house and I am all alone if they kill me I am just twenty-four I can't die this young. To change my mind I started reading the novel crystal gifted me, but I couldn't I was so distracted that though I kept reading the same line I couldn't understand anything. I huffed in annoyance shutting my book, placing it on the nightstand next to my bed, I turned off the bed lamp and tried to sleep.

But couldn't as I felt like something is present in my room, I slowly opened one eye holding my bedsheet close to my chest, in defense so that if anything attacks me I can duck back into my bedsheet and get saved I guess. I roamed my gaze towards the entire room and suddenly my eyes landed on the chair opposite to my next to my closet, I could see a dark figure sitting on it and my heart immediately skipped a beat. I shut my eyes tightly, bringing my legs close to my chest I tugged the bed sheet around me leaving no place for air or the evil to enter looking like an Egyptian mummy.

I started chanting and reciting all the prayers I know, I am twenty-four years and I shouldn't get scared about all this shit, but don't blame me a couple of years ago I wouldn't but since they started making horror movies and putting in bold letters in the intro that it's based on ‘ true story ’ it scares the crap out of me. I don't want my life to become one of the movies in which the intro it would be written based on a true story and show a possessed picture of mine in the end.