22. Scared.

“ What are you doing here?” Mathew asked through the window. I pulled down the window to look at him.

“ hi I uhh it's nice and cold so I thought to go for a long ride, what about you,?” I said turning on my car engine to show I was ready to leave.

“I am going for a run would you like to join,” he asked jogging in his place.

“ no-no, I cannot you know not that I don't want to, I would love to but the problem is it's too cold with the breeze and the air you know, my skin would be burning the heat and all you know,” I said laughing weirdly even I did not understand what I was speaking.

“ oo ok,” he said with a confused expression.

“ are you alright? You don't look well ” he asked concerned.

“ me yeah I am, see,” I said flexing weirdly.

“ what could ever happen to me! ” I said chuckling.

“ yeah but you are sweating when it's quite chilly, your face is pale and your acting all weird. I'll call the boss  ” he said taking his phone out.

“ no !” I yelled startling him and the old lady opposite the car. He looked at me concerned

“ I mean no need I am alright you know just a little tired I am taking jess to the hospital in a couple of hours I'll get myself checked too,” I said smiling.

“ but... Alicia ” he started speaking but stopped as I continued.

“ no buts, I can take care of myself I am a big girl. bye... Huh see you later I guess ” I said driving away he must be thinking  I am mad. I made a mental note that I would not be meeting Mathew for a long time.

************************************
It's been a week now since I came to know about Duncan’s little secret. I put in all my effort to not come across him. I would leave early and come back early and would ensure to lock my door or if I come across him I would act as though I am on an important call and hurry back to my room.  I feel even he noticed this because he did not force me to do anything and let me be by myself. I was sitting on the couch watching minions as Duncan wasn't home and I had the whole house to myself. munching on my freshly popped popcorn that's when I heard the sound of Duncan's car entering the garage. I immediately stood up. Turning off the tv, I ran into the kitchen throwing away the juice bottle in the dust bin, placing the popcorn bowl on the counter I ran halfway towards the room and came back as I forgot my phone on the couch. It felt like I am in a game with zero lives left and almost no time. I ran quickly picking up my phone placing it in my pocket my heart was thumping at an unusual pace. I ran back upstairs taking two steps at once,  I skipped a step falling on my butt I held the handrailing for support.

The door opened and Duncan walked in looking at me super confused.

“ what's going on ?” he asked walking towards me.

“ no..” I said immediately making him stop walking.

“ Are you alright Alicia?” he asked running his hand through his hair he looked frustrated.

“ Yeah, I am alright. You know my cat... It huh actually got lost I am searching for it. I think I hear it... it's in my room bye ” I said running towards my room, or more like stumbling towards my room not waiting for his response.

I huffed sitting on my bed. That was close why me God why?. What should I do now? Should I just go away? or should I stay? But if he's still in the living room. What would I say?. Huh I should have listened to Lexi and taken those self-defense classes no but I am Alicia why would I be in any trouble for once I should have listened to her. I know I can't put up a fight who am I kidding me a body filled with ninety percent sugar, no exercise, puny compared to his strong, probably works out one. I would be limp like a punching bag in seconds.