2. What marriage?

Alicia's pov.

You're my honey bun sugar plum pumpkin umpie pumpkin your my sweetie pie you're my cuppy cake...

I and Andrew were singing and dancing to our favorite song, since we were kids it had become a tradition for us to sing and wiggle our butts whenever we would meet to this song, we sang this song when we were sad or happy and this song was like a signal to tell if I or he were in trouble, mostly I would use it when dad hit me or Lara did something, Andrew dint face this shit because he moved out when he turned eighteen I am two years younger than him, he tried to take me with him but I couldn't go. Now he is London's best twenty-six-year-old lawyer and still tried every time he came here to take me with him and returned without me. Who would love to live in this hell hole, I wanted to be free, but I knew my freedom would result in someone else's freedom taken away, it is way better for me to suffer, then to live happily with the thought that someone else is suffering because of me.

I heard a loud thud coming from the living room, I looked at Andrew who was not at all bothered.

" let's go check what's going on," I said trying to drag him of my bed.

" no not interested," he said turning and texting away on his phone. I looked at him evilly " do you want me to post the pictures of little drewella " I said getting my phone out of my pocket.

He immediately turned back looking at me horrified.

(Flashback)

" what's wrong ci, don't cry, " Andrew said looking at a crying ten years old me, wiping my tear-stricken face with his t-shirt.

" l - ar- aa. Lara says she doesn't want to play with me huh huh because I am too ugly " I said sobbing holding my brown teddy bear who wasn't fluffy anymore close to my chest.

" Lara is just being, a pregnant cow, I'll play with you," he said bouncing up and down cheerfully trying to make me laugh. Which I sob even more.

" why you crying, please stop ci " drew said rubbing the fresh tears from my face.

" But you're a boy I want to play with a girl, "

" that's not a problem," he said walking away coming back after some time wearing my baby blue frock, my blue color hairband he walked like a model and bowed down dramatically.

" presenting to you, drewella! " he said trying to dance like a ballerina and failing miserably at it. I jumped up immediately giggling and laughing, and joining him to become future ballerinas.

.................

(Present )

" you monster I did that to make you stop crying or the building would have collapsed from all that yelling,"

" Whatever let's go na or else I am posting," I said holding my phone.

" huh hum you're such a huh pregnant cow! " he yelled walking ahead I laughed victoriously following him.

We walked into the living room to see Mr. blue eyes sitting on the couch, he looked like he owned the whole world, he looked right at me making me feel very conscious, I looked at my aunt who was sobbing, sitting on the floor, my mom comforting her, my dad sitting on the couch, was completely pale he looked as if he had seen a ghost, looking at these people in such a state I instantly knew that something was wrong because they were always the one inflicting pain and fright in people, not the ones to be frightened or scared, maybe Mr. blue eyes is not that nice I guess.

I nudged Andrew in his stomach signaling him to ask the other not so scary man in the grey suit what was wrong. He shook his head saying no, I lifted the phone in my hand signaling him I would be posting the pictures I gestured with my eyebrows raised.

"you're a bitch " he mouthed.

" huh...mr....? " he asked looking at the not-so-scary guy.

" Bernard," he said with a polite yet professional attitude.

" Mr. Bernard, can I know what the matter is? " he asked Andrews's professional tone was on.

" yes, Mr. White, your aunt, and father I suppose..." he said pointing towards dad and aunt Miranda.

Andrew nodded his head agreeing, signaling him to continue " have taken ten million dollars from Mr. William here, six years ago and haven't paid it back yet " my mouth was wide open at what I just heard, Andrew had the same expression.

" so if they wouldn't be paying the money they would have to give away this house and all the properties they possess " my aunt started sobbing even louder, while Lara yelled " oh come on mama, stop shouting I am not able to make my video," she said going back to what she was doing. I was about to walk and offer to pay the money for them when I felt Andrews's hand grip my wrist tightly " don't you dare " he mouthed looking at me.

I huffed and puffed but he was stern I sighed in annoyance, I turned to look at the guest, the blue-eyed beauty was still staring at me. I looked at him directly he looked a little kind. So I asked him directly.

" Mr. William is there any other way " he smiled at me as if he was waiting for this question. He looked at the man in grey sitting next to him signaling him to say something.

" yes there is, Mr white, all your debts would be forfeited if you would give your daughter's hand in marriage to Mr. William " Lara was jumping up and down, aunt Miranda stopped crying, and my dad who looked like a corpse was all alive now. I pitied the man, he did the same thing that others do judge a book by its cover.

" it would be an honor to give my daughter Lara's hand in marriage to you Mr. William " Andrew nudged me signaling us to go back. We turned back and started walking when I stopped dead in my track when I heard " No I am sorry, I wasn't clear enough we would like to have your other daughters hand that is Ms. Alicia white " Andrew and I immediately turned back everyone had a different expression they looked like angry birds each having a different expression on their face, mom, dad and Andrew still trying to understand what just happened, Lara expressed anger she just wanted a chance to be alone with me and would kill me, my aunt looked at me with hatred.

" I am willing to pay the money, my dad took," Andrew said surprising all of them and also me.

Mr. Bernard said " Mr. William is ready to offer an addition of ten million dollars, to Mr white for the hand of his daughter," he said looking at my dad.

"yes, she will be all yours," my dad said before Andrew could deny. I stood there motionless not understanding anything. Until I saw a pair of eyes looking at me, that is when I realized Mr. William, was standing right in front of me.

" Ms white..." he said his voice so calm and husky that it brought chills down my spine.

" Alicia," I said still looking down. I am introverted to strangers but an extrovert when I get to know them well, Andrew knew that so he was holding me protectively.

" ok, Alicia... " I could feel the smile in his voice.

" would you like to marry me,?" he asked taking me by surprise, I thought he would be like those hooligans not bothered to ask, he would just carry me over his shoulder like a bag of potatoes, I know that I weigh more than the potatoes, but he looked like he could carry some weight, I looked at him, trying to see if what I heard was true, his hands were in his pocket pants he was so tall that I felt like a tiny ant.

" I...huh, can I have some time to think," I said looking back down.

" Ms white, there is no..." Mr. Bernard was about to complete his sentence when Mr. William stopped him.

" no no I get it I just need a day's time Mr. William," I said looking at his blue eyes.

" it's Duncan for you baby girl and take as long as you want I'll be waiting for you"

" no that won't be necessary, Mr will.., I mean Duncan ill give you your answer tomorrow " I said

He and his men walked away from the way they came. Leaving me to deliberate all alone with people who were ready to pounce on me.

************************************

Next update:28/1/2021

Man in Black On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara