14. hmm

Duncan's pov.

I got home a day early, I know I am completely in love with my baby girl I couldn't stand a day without seeing her. She is the only source of happiness in my life. Every second spent with her felt like an eternity and I don't mind if the time stops there and I get to be right there with her.

The other day I came back home after I saw how the young girl treated her father his whole body, bruised with the whip marks she gave him. He came near me begging me to help him with tears filled in his eyes. Though I got him out of his daughter's house, I couldn't get rid of the image of his bare bruised back. I couldn't take my mind off it.  I went back home and Alicia was there I guess watching a movie usually, I would talk to her but that day I couldn't, I cannot drag her into this is all. I couldn't sleep at all my mind was so anxious I kept pacing back and forth in my room, trying to calm my mind but failed miserably.

I heard her door clicking and her footsteps descending. I followed her to the kitchen she was sitting on the tabletop her eyes closed, her legs dangling in the air. Immediately a smile played on my lips looking at her. After talking for a while she asked what's wrong and as if on cue my heart gave in, I hugged her immediately calming my dark soul and heart, her cherry scent curing my anxiety. She is the most humble, and the prettiest human being. I couldn't help but feel this possessive, protectiveness towards her.

Her simplicity, innocence was all I wanted to treasure in this God-forsaken world. She doesn't know that she has become the oxygen that I needed to survive. My love, My baby girl. After we had lunch I knew she dint treat me like before, she started getting comfortable with me, she stayed closer to me. Her finding peace, comfort in me, and trusting my presence is all I wanted. I could live my life with this. My baby girl finding solace in me.

************************************

I came home to find no one there, I called Alicia she picked up on the third ring.

“ Hey baby girl,” I said

“ hey to you to baby boy! " she said chuckling. I knew she was drunk because of the sway in her voice and the hey baby boy part.

" baby girl, where are you?". I asked calmly.

" I am at the bar baby boy. Drinking vodka, "I  texted Mathew to check the address and asked him to reach there.

" and I am not a goody-two-shoes," she said, I could hear the crowd cheering before the phone went off.

I drove to the address Mathew texted me. He was waiting at the entrance with some of my men. They greeted me and together we entered the club. It was filled with the smell of sweaty, bodies along with alcohol. The whole club was a mess broken glasses and furniture everywhere. People attacking each other, the music volume at full high. I found Alicia standing at the tabletop of the bar counter. I signaled Mathew to look for her friends. I walked towards her standing in front of her as she kept cussing and yelling.

“ Andrew, the fat one is behind the make-out couch ” she yelled I could sense the alcohol in her tone, and also because she couldn't stand straight.

“ Lex come on punch a little harder, wait let me teach you,” she said.

“ first count your fingers like this one, two, three, four and then if you have all four fingers ball them into a... A ball and then punch him ” she said in full action. Suddenly, her gaze fell on me as she screamed.

“ I know you, I know you right,” she said trying to sit down, I helped her and she did. She was so cute that it made me laugh at her.

“you are my roomie, hey roomie! , I missed you ” she said holding my face between her tiny hands. “Come here let me tell you a secret,” she said pulling me closer to her “ you are really hot, and wait very very handsome,” she said hugging me as she fell asleep in my arms.