11. Strangers? not anymore.

I headed first into the restaurant as Duncan had to use the washroom, the manager walked towards me, asking the booking name, and guided me towards my table. I sat at my table, checking my phone for any new messages.

" Hello, I am Charlie, I'll be your waiter for today " I looked up to see who the voice belonged to, there stood a guy who looked like he's around eighteen, with dirty blond hair with a smile that could light up the room, to be honest, he looked pretty handsome.

" Hello, Charlie," I said smiling, back.

" Wow, I am blessed I can die happy now," he said placing his hands over his chest dramatically.

" Hmm, why is that? " I asked placing my hands over the table.

" I prayed that before I die, I wish to see the most beautiful thing in the world, and here you are," he said cheekily winking. I didn't know what to say I am the worst at flirting, I tend to get awkward in these kinds of situations.

I was about to say something when Duncan walked right behind the waiter, he had his hands in his pocket his face as usual no emotion.

He cleared his throat trying to make Charlie realize his presence, but Charlie couldn't care less. Without even turning back he replied.

" oh, sir this table is occupied by this beautiful lady here, why don't you take the other one." I wanted to burst out laughing, but if I did Charlie would know something is wrong and to be honest, I wanted to see how this is going to end.

Duncan was boring holes into Charlie but all Charlie did was flirt with me, gosh if I even had one-tenth of this guy's confidence I would be the President of the United States.

" so honey, what would you like to eat ?" he said in a sensuous tone.

I wanted to applaud him for his charm, and amazing flirting skills, if he is starting a school for this I would be the first one there.

Duncan cleared his throat again this time a little louder, that other customers in the restaurant also looked in our direction but poor Charlie was so busy trying to get a girl that he didn't see the warning signs.

" sir there are other tables, in the restaurant and other waiters who are free," he said with a slight hint of irritation, I wanted to help Duncan but you know he is a big boy he can fight his own battles and I dint want to miss the fun.

" so sugar lips why don't you give your number, and ill pick you up once my work is done," Charlie said moving a little closer trying to touch my hair, that is when Duncan held his hand a little too tight making him flinch and turn in his direction.

Charlie's face turned ghastly white, he was opening and shutting his mouth like a fish.

" Why don't I give you my wife's number," he said letting go of Charlie's hand, and placing his hands back into his pockets and looked at Charlie with no expression.

" M....Mr. W William... William" he said stuttering so badly as if he was going to pass out any time soon. I looked at him saying.

" thank you, Charlie, you can leave now " he ran away as if he was on fire.

After a couple of minutes, the manager himself came to take our orders and kept apologizing on behalf of Charlie, but Duncan gave no heed to what the middle-aged Irish man said, he cut him off as he asked " what would you like to have my love ?" with a gentle look on his face.

"I would like to have a Minestrone, a Fiorentina Steak, and Tiramisu," I said closing the menu card.

"an Osso bucolic and a tiramisu along with red wine " Duncan said looking at the manager. Who walked away after repeating our order.