18. Confrontation

I woke up after, a small nap taking a quick shower as Duncan said we going to have people over for dinner. I changed into jeans and a t-shirt I did not want to look too dressed up yet dressed up. I walked to the kitchen Duncan was busy cooking. He walked towards me as he sensed my presence.

“you're up baby girl,” he said smiling washing his hands.

“ Yup! Let me help you ” I said walking closer to the stove about to hold the dish when Duncan pulled me back. Surprising me.

“ that's too hot baby girl,” he said. I felt embarrassed I wanted to help you know but couldn't do anything he prepped the whole dinner while I was taking a nap.

The doorbell rang signaling our guests have arrived. Both of us walked towards the door, Duncan opened the door while I stood right next to him revealing my friends who were standing there awkwardly. I wasn't mad because I did not have any right to be? It was his house, his food, I was no one to question him. So I just stood there not saying anything.

My friends were glancing at me once in a while but I did not give heed to them. I walked to the kitchen following Duncan to help him.

I was standing against the kitchen cabinets “ can I help you? ” I said trying to be normal. He turned to face me he walked covering the distance between us in just a single step I moved back hitting the cabinet “you're angry with me baby girl ?” he asked placing his hands on both my sides capturing me.

“ no why would I huh be, this is your house and you can do anything?” I said being normal like seriously why would I be pissed at him it's his house his wish come on.

He stood there staring right at me his blue eyes showing so many emotions, and the most visible emotion was hurt.

“ Duncan let's go out, I am not angry,” I said he moved back.

He did not tell anything he took the dishes walking towards the table.

My friends were sitting at the table trying to be normal. He pulled a chair for me “ sit down my love ” he said.

I walked sitting down while everyone's eyes were on me.

He asked everyone to start eating, he served food for me making me realize then that all the food present on the table was all my favorite dishes. Making me feel guilty because even a blind person could see that he was hurt.

“ill be heading towards the study room, you guys continue,” he said looking at me. I held his hand stopping him “ what about you eating?” I asked, this man is crazy he is not bothered about himself at all. what if he falls sick.

“I'll eat later,” he said looking at me amused. Like what was so amusing about me asking him to eat.

“ Nope, you are sitting right here, and eating right now,” I said trying to be strict but failing miserably.

“ that's ok my love, I don't want you guys to feel uncomfortable ”.

“ who these clowns? ” I said pointing towards them. “ hey !” Damon said earning a glare for me.

“ they won't feel a thing, will you?” I asked looking at them they all nodded they head in a no together looking like puppets.

“ Please Mr. William stay, before she skinning us alive,” Damon said in a pleading tone.

“ shut up if you don't want me to do that with you right now ” he immediately shut his mouth looking like a scolded puppy.

“ have your food and then you can leave, if you want,” I said pulling the empty chair back which was next to me, signaling for him to sit.