39. Me and my teddy .

I looked at the clock and it read five minutes to twelve, I got off the bed tiptoeing I headed towards the kitchen, I opened the fridge taking out the box of blueberry cake, today is Duncans birthday I mean in about two minutes, so I decided to surprise him with a cake at midnight initially I decided to throw him a huge party, but I figured out he wasn't a person who liked the company of a lot of people, he would be all quiet around them and I dint want him to not be comfortable on his birthday.

So here I am walking to his room, with a blueberry flavored cake, with a bunch of candles over it and it read happy birthday my teddy, the door wasn't locked so I thought to walk in without knocking singing happy birthday.

So I did as I decided, Duncan was startled he stood next to his bed with a gun in his hand, looking at me and my mouth wide open he slid it back into the drawer. I closed my eyes calming myself I muttered to myself it's only a gun calm down nothing will happen, it was your fault you shocked him, mental note next time I am going to knock on the door before I get shot.

Gaining back the same excitement I had before I saw the gun I walked towards him singing happy birthday, he ran his hand a couple of times through his already messed hair making him look even hotter.

I placed the cake on the bed with us both sitting opposite to each other I was super excited I love birthdays it's the reason you have someone in your life that means so much to you.

Duncan kept looking at me a smile playing on his lips. His eyes so beautiful I wanted to get lost in them.

“ wait let me tell a small prayer,” I said closing my eyes joining my hands I continued  “ thank you heavenly father for blessing my life with a big fat teddy, I know he gets annoying sometimes and doesn't watch movies and doesn't eat ice cream, but please forgive him for all that because he is my teddy this prayer I ask in Jesus name amen,” I said opening my eyes.

Duncan smiled widely, I signaled him to blow the candles.

“ wait you're supposed to ask for a wish,” I said stopping him before he blew away all the candles.

He looked into my eyes “ all my wishes are granted, my love ”he said his blue eyes saying so much more than the words.

I tucked a stray strand of hair behind my ears. He cut the cake feeding me  “ guess what flavor it is ?”. I questioned.

“ blueberry,” he said chuckling not even guessing he was so sure about his answer.

“ yeah, I did not know what flavor you like you know so I decided to get you a blueberry cake, because everyone likes blueberry what's not to like in it so I got it ” I rambled he just stared at me, shutting my mouth I cut a piece of cake placing it in his mouth.

“ next time you don't have to worry my favorite flavor is cherries,” he said smirking. I covered the faint blush with my hair.

“ I got you something,” I said running towards my room. Picked up the boxes of gifts, balancing slowly I walked towards his room so I wouldn't drop them down, he walked towards me helping me place all of them on the couch.

“ you shouldn't have baby girl,” he said placing a kiss on my hands.

“ shhh I am very excited, please just open ” I whined.

He chuckled ruffling my hair opening the boxes which were wrapped in blue color wrappers I joined my hands excitedly the first one was a gift card of unlimited ice cream for a year, he smiled reading the note written on it “  Dear teddy, this gift card is for you to know life is filled with different flavors and you got to choose yours. Choose wisely ”  with a smiley emoji at the end.