Chapter 22

"Eve?" I heard the all too familiar northern accent fill the room.

"Yeah Zayn?" I sighed, pushing myself up on the bed with my elbows. It was probably half past noon and I had been feeling sick since this morning. I'd thrown up so many times that I was almost used to it.

Two weeks had passed since my birthday, and not much had happened. Zayn took me two more classes where we learned about breathing techniques and the man's role in the situation of labor. It was quite funny to see Zayn breathing so erratically, but it was also comforting to know that he didn't mind doing these things for me. He was the sweetest.

"I just wanted to check on you." His smile was small, but pure. The brown eyes that gazed into mine had lightened to a more honey infused tone.

"Thanks." My smile was far from his. Mine was weak and wimpy, but he didn't seem to care so much about that.

"Want me to lay with you?"

I shook my head. "I don't want you getting sick."

"I'd rather make you feel better." He insisted. "Besides, tour isn't until June, remember? I'd rather get sick now than later."

I rolled my eyes and peeled the duvet back so he could crawl in with me. I felt his warmth against me straight away as he snuggled into my backside, spooning me. "You're warm." I whispered.

"I prefer to be called hot." He teased.

"You're an idiot."

"That's not very nice." He pouted.

"Who said I was nice?" I joked, nearly forgetting that I had been vomiting not too long before this conversation. I hope my breath didn't stink.

"Just go to sleep." Zayn huffed, obviously not knowing what to reply with.

I sighed, still feeling that unmistakable nausea in my stomach. My eyes squeezed shut, trying to will away the awful feeling. "I hate being pregnant. So much."

"Don't say that." Zayn cooed. I swear sometimes I forgot we weren't a couple because he was always so nice to me. Maybe he felt bad for me, but my feelings were clear in my mind. I wished he was mine more than anything, and that was always in my mind.

"It sucks. I always feel like shit, and I'm getting so big, it's like I'm inflating! My mood is constantly changing, and I'm always hungry, and it's just horrible." I complained.

"That all may be true, but it happens to everyone who gets pregnant. You saw all of those woman at the class we go to. They each feel the same things as you. But once it's over, you'll see that it's worth it."

"Easy for you to say." I mumbled.

"Yeah, you're right, but I'm doing my best to make you as comfortable as possible, and I hope you can see that." Zayn whispered into my ear, sending tingles down my spine, which isn't a feeling you particularly aim for when you're sick.

The nausea came back to me, making me automatically get up and scurry into the bathroom. More reasons to hate everything and everyone. I guess it could be worse. Maybe.

Liam's POV

"Is she okay?" Niall asked me as we lounged around the house. Harry had gone off to meet a friend, and Louis went to surprise Eleanor at UNI. So it was just Niall and I.

"Just the usual sickness I'm guessing." I shrugged, recalling the conversation Zayn and I had earlier about the subject. He told me that he'd handle it, and I didn't argue. I knew better than to do that. It was no use anyway.