thirty-one »

"What's going on?"

"Simon's talking to Zayn in there."

Liam, Louis and Harry rushed downstairs, as Niall was just standing in front of the slightly open door, able to hear everything.

"... How about I change my way of doing things? I can modify the contracts to your guy's liking, and you and the others can come out if you want to!"

"Are you really trying to negotiate this Simon?" Zayn asked in annoyance. "We don't want you to be a part of our lives anymore, get this shit inside your head. Sign this fucking contract, we drop the lawsuit. You don't sign this fucking contract, we don't drop anything. We will destroy your career, reputation and you'll be broke by the end of it."

"I'll sign the contract, only if you get rid of everything you have on me."

Malik busted out laughing. "If you actually read the agreement, it states that if you don't break any of the rules, we have no right in exposing you. So really everything in here is beneficial for you, as well. Therefore, I suggest you just go with it and leave all of us the fuck alone."

"I-"

"No, no!" He shouted. "Just shut the fuck up. My life is a living hell because of you! You made my bandmates hate me for years, I lost my best friend, the guy I love. I couldn't go on tour anymore because of the bad anxiety you created for me. You forced me to get engaged to a woman I don't even love even after I promised not to get in touch with Niall. You made me and everyone I love miserable. Fuck you, fuck you."

He took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down as the boys gave one another a sad look. Zayn is the type of person that bottles everything in, and they just couldn't imagine how good it must have felt to him to finally let his feelings out.

He has gone through so much, and so did they. They were just kids, and all of this was just upsetting at this point.

"You're lucky that we're good people, Simon." He continued, massaging his forehead. "Perrie, Jesy, Jade and Leigh-Anne didn't even want to give you a choice, they wanted to go in and sue you. Why? Because they know that we will be winning this. However, we're in the middle of a tour and we want you to get out of out faces as soon as possible, so we were nicer than them. Sign the fucking contract, mate. It will be easier for the both of us, trust me."

He turned around, rushing to the door only to see all his bandmates standing there after he opened it.

"And we're done here." He simply stated, avoiding eye contact as he went back to his room upstairs.

"Zayn!" Louis shouted, quickly following him.

He grabbed his best friend's hand, as Malik finally glanced at him.

"Are you okay?" Blue asked, concerned.

"I will be when he signs the contract."

"I'm sure he will." He smiled. "You were amazing."

"Thanks." He weakly smiled back. "You should get some sleep, big day tomorrow."

"Big day?" Tomlinson repeated after him. "What do you mean?"

"Oh, nothing." His little beam quickly faded away. "Good night, love."

"You're acting weird." Louis pouted, not wanting to let go of Zayn's arm.

"I'm fine." He replied, giving the shorter one a quick kiss on the forehead. "Just tired."

"Okay... if you say so." He released Z from his grip, unconvinced. "Good night."

"Good night."

Louis just watched his best mate walk away, taking a deep breath shortly after.

He yawned, soon deciding to go to his own room as well and get some sleep.