fifteen »

[Flashback]

"Syco?! Seriously Harold?"

"Why not?!"

Louis mouth formed an O shape, as he barely could process that his boyfriend actually asked such a dumb ass question.

"Why not?!" Tomlinson spat right after him. "Did you forget how they treated us for the past few years?! Are you that fucking stupid?! And what about our relationship?! I thought we were getting lawyers involved to get us out of this contract so we can finally be free?! Seriously Harry what the hell?! How could you do this shit without even asking me first?! How could you sign yet another contract with fucking Simon after everything that happened?!"

"Ask you first?" Harry answered before dry laughing. "I'm a grown ass man Louis, and I know what's best for me and my career. I don't need your permission to sign a contract, you're not my mom."

"You and your career?! And what about us?! Did I even cross your mind just for a split second when you signed this fucking crap Harry?!"

"Yes Louis, for me and my career." The curly haired one repeated, completely ignoring Tomlinson's last question. "Simon may be a disgusting human being, but he is an amazing businessman and a great manager. He knows how to get someone started in the industry and he will be great help."

"But what about-"

"I'm happy just like this, I don't want to come out. I want to focus on my music and make a name for myself. If you feel like you're ready to be out of the closet then do it, you have Simon's approval right? I promise I'll be happy for you but just, you know, don't mention me maybe?"

Louis stared at his boyfriend in the eyes, clearly not believing a single word that is coming from his mouth.

"You're lying." Tommo simply stated. "You were completely fine with us being out until you talked to Simon that one night. What's going on Harry? Does he have something on you?"

Styles's gaze softened for a split second, as he could see the hurt written all over his lover's face.

"Honestly, I wish I was lying. As I told you before, I thought about it more and the timing is just not right."

"You're lying." Louis murmured yet again, trying not to shed a tear. "This can't be real Harry. This can't be real."

Harry continued to stare at Tomlinson in silence, as the other lad just looked at his feet, not wanting to face him anymore.

"I'm sorry." H whispered. "I still want to be with you, just not-"

"Just not in front of anyone else huh? That's what you call a healthy relationship?"

"I hope we can work this out." Harry said a few moments later, once again, ignoring Louis' last statement.

"Work it out?!" The blue eyed one repeated, followed by a breathy laugh. "Work out what exactly? Face it Harold, I barely even see you anymore, they're overworking you. We're barely talking to each other and if we do it's just to fight. I've been unhappy with you since the band split up but you know what? I kept my mouth shut, because I am deeply in love with you. I always supported you no matter what but this? I don't think I can anymore. I can't stand by someone who willingly signed a contract with Simon Cowell knowing how bad he treats his clients. I can't stand by someone who's putting me last, and I can't stand by someone who can't keep a promise."

"What are you saying?" Harry asked, trying as hard as possible to keep his cool attitude.

Louis finally faced him, as his lips started shivering steadily.