twenty-three »

"Okay that's great. Stop!"

The boys were in the middle of rehearsal, since the tour was approaching. Simon just cut the music off with a smile on his face, pretty satisfied of what they were doing so far.

"Take five, we're almost done." He explained before drinking some water from the bottle in his hand.

"I'm going to go get something to drink." Zayn stated before disappearing off of the room.

"Wow." Harry said, raising an eyebrow. "Is he okay? He seems mad."

"Isn't he always?" Simon replied like it's his business. "He better be back in three minutes so we can start again."

Louis rolled his eyes before facing Niall. "Do you know what's up with him?"

"I don't know and I don't care." The leprechaun simply answered, as everyone's eyes widened.

"Awh, you and your boy toy are having problems?" Their manager mocked. "How tragic."

"Yeah it really is tragic." Niall coldly said, touching his empty pockets. "Well, shit."

"What's up?" Liam asked as he watched his bandmate exhaling deeply.

"I think I forgot my phone in your office this morning." Horan explained, looking at Simon. "Is it okay if we go check?"

"Whatever." The older man answered after groaning in annoyance. "Let's make it quick, we don't have much time."

"We'll come with!" Harry insisted. "Maybe we can see where Zayn went."

Cowell simply nodded before getting out of the room, soon followed by the other lads. They quickly walked through the corridors, before finally reaching their destination.

"Where is Melanie?" Simon asked as he looked at the empty office across of his. "Weird."

He shrugged his shoulders afterwards, thinking that his assistant is probably just using the restroom or something. With that, he quickly opened the door of his workroom, soon stepping inside.

"Okay make it qui- what the actual fuck?!" Simon shouted as he looked right in front of him.

Everybody's jaw dropped after what they just witnessed. Liam fought the urge to pinch himself, just to make sure he wasn't dreaming. As for Harry and Louis, they immediately faced Niall, giving him an apologetic look.

"M-Mister Cowell..." The woman said, pushing the very familiar masculine figure off of her as she tried fixing her messy hair. "I- I didn't know you'll be back I-"

"Are you fucking serious?" Their manager shouted again, clearly very upset. "In my own office?! With a man I'm fucking managing?! What the fuck is wrong with you Melanie?!"

She put her hands behind her back as she stared at the floor, clearly embarrassed of herself. Simon quickly looked at the man in front of him, as he was buttoning his shirt up.

"What do you have to say for yourself?!"

No answer.

"Malik." Simon spat, clenching his fists. "I'm talking to you."

Zayn finally looked at them, his gaze immediately meeting Niall's.

"N-Niall..." The Pakistani one stuttered, taking a step closer. "I- I can expl-"

The leprechaun didn't waste anymore time, as he quickly slapped his now ex-boyfriend right across the face. Liam covered his mouth with his hand, barely even believing what was happening in front of his eyes.