sixteen »

"Hey my sisters are over at my aunt's and I think I'll be alone tonight, wanna hang out?"

"I'm sorry mate, promised Niall I'll spend the day with him. Rain check?"

Louis pouted at Zayn, as they were getting out of the plane. They finally landed, and everyone really wanted to enjoy the rest of their day off in peace before they get on with their busy schedule tomorrow.

"It's fine, maybe some other time." Tomlinson replied, trying not to sound hurt.

He was a little bit sad because he kind of really needed his best friend by his side, especially when he didn't feel like being alone for the night. However, he understood that him and Niall had a lot of unresolved issues, and that they did need to talk about them.

.

Later that day, Louis was dropped off in front of his house. He took a deep breath and stepped in, cringing at its emptiness. He proceeded to take his shoes off before going upstairs to his room.

He suddenly stopped moving, as he found himself staring at one particular door that has been shut for weeks now. He continued to look at the hard material for quite sometime, approaching his trembling hand to the handle.

His whole body shivered as his fingers touched the knob, memories flashing before his eyes. He closed his eyes and exhaled deeply, finally opening the door.

He slowly stepped inside the room, as he soon realized nothing changed at all. Everything was still there, just the way she left it. Louis gulped the saliva in his mouth, before lying on her bed. He grabbed a pillow and hugged it, looking at the ceiling.

Everything still smelled like her, it was like she just never left.

He bit his lower lip, trying not to shed a tear as he opened the top drawer next to the bed. He smiled slightly when he found exactly what he was looking for; pictures of him and his family. He couldn't help but grin at the view, going through the photo album page by page.

"You were so beautiful." He murmured, gently touching a picture of his mother, as tears fell down his face. "I miss you. I'd give my whole life away just to hug you one last time. How I wish it was me instead of you, mom. How I wish you didn't have to go so soon."

"Remember when you said I'd never love again after Harry? That he was the only one for me?" He continued, still looking at her picture and holding on to her pillow. "I guess you were right, I could never move on even if I was dying to. I love him mom, but I don't think I'll ever be ready to forgive him for what he did. Do you think I should?"

No response, I mean what did he expect really?

He let out a small sigh, wiping away the tears with his thumb.

"You know what? Give me a sign, just anything. If you think I should forgive him, do something. I promise I'll try harder if you do."

He waited a few seconds, but again, nothing.

"Yeah, thought so." He said, letting out a small desperate chuckle. "Anyway I-"

He suddenly got interrupted by a knock on his door. Louis frowned confusedly, thinking that this is surely a coincidence.

Or is it?

"I'll be back." He told his mother before closing the photo album and quickly running downstairs.

With that, he opened the front door, barely believing who was standing there.