nine »

"Can you stop rolling your eyes at me?"

"Sorry, force of habit. I just can't seem to enjoy your presence."

"I suggest you knock it off, Tomlinson."

Louis looked at his ex manager in the eye, turning it into a staring competition. Liam tapped his friend's arm gently, advising him to calm down. The blue eyed one sighed aggressively, now analyzing the empty plate in front of him.

"Where the fuck is Zayn?" He proceeded to ask, wanting this stupid meeting to be over already.

The door suddenly barged open, as a very familiar figure popped into the restaurant. Everyone was now looking at him, as he made his way towards the table.

"Malik, how nice of you to finally join us." Mocked Simon when the Pakistani one took a seat.

The other lads looked at him, soon realizing that there was absolutely no emotion in his eyes. He didn't even bother saying hi, or to at least apologize for keeping them waiting.

"A hello would be ni-"

"Are you going to start talking about what we came here for or you're just going to act like a fucking prick for the rest of the night?" Zayn cut the old man off, as the rest of the table gasped weakly.

Melanie, Simon's assistant who was also here, looked at him with big eyes.

"The fuck you're looking at?!" Malik snapped at her, as she immediately looked at her feet.

And I don't think she dared to look anywhere else for the rest of the night, to be honest.

Tension immediately filled the room. No one was brave enough to say another word, they frankly were all scared to speak.

The boys knew that Zayn was the wrong guy to mess with when he's angry.

After a few minutes that felt like hours, Simon cleared his throat.

"Um- Anyways." He finally spoke, fixing his collar. "Your first interview and appearance as a band will be with James Corden this week. You guys will go on tour later on and if it goes smoothly, which I'm sure it will, we can talk about an album. I spoke to everybody's managers, your solo careers will be on hold until further notice."

For once, no one seemed to mind the idea. Everybody just nodded, except Zayn who probably just didn't give two fucks about what was going on around him.

"Cool, can I go now?" Zayn asked coldly, as they all stared at him. "I have a date."

"A date?" Niall said surprisingly and immediately regretted it.

Damn, I wasn't supposed to say that out loud, he thought.

"Yea Niall, you know what's a date right? It's when you go out with someone. You should try it sometime, you seem kinda tense lately."

Niall didn't respond, as he was very surprised by Zayn's behaviour. What the fuck happened to him? He was nice just yesterday.

"Man what the fuck?" Harry snapped when he noticed the hurt in the Irish one's eyes. "Don't take it out on Niall, if you don't want to be here just say that."

"So did the cat steal your tongue today?" Zayn asked Horan, ignoring the curly haired one's comment. "Because you had a lot to say last time and now you're just as quiet as a mouse."

"Zayn..." Liam murmured, trying to calm his friend down.

"I would say it was a pleasure seeing you guys but my mom taught me not to lie." Zayn expressed, getting out of his seat.