fourteen »

Meanwhile, Zayn stepped into the backyard and noticed a very familiar figure there.

Turns out Niall wasn't sleeping after all. He was just sitting on one of the many chair, drinking some tea. Zayn could only see the leprechaun's back, as he was probably just admiring the amazing view they had up on the roof.

Malik took a few step closer, as he felt like he needed to be next to Niall, that he needed to tell him he loved him, that he never wanted to leave him.

However, he also didn't want to bother him. I mean, Niall probably didn't tell anyone he was here for a reason.

Zayn took a deep breath and turned around to leave, realizing that Horan would most likely not want to be disturbed, especially by him.

"Oh my God it's Zayn Malik!" A feminine voice shouted, which made Niall turn around pretty quickly.

Two girls ran towards the Pakistani one, as he smiled at them. It was pretty obvious that they were just fans, trying to get a picture and talk to him.

"Thank you!" Said one of them excitedly after putting her phone away. "We're so glad you're back in One Direction! We missed you!"

"I'm glad I'm back too." He replied with a grin.

With that, they waved each other good bye, as his supporters went back inside. Zayn and Niall made eye contact shortly after, as Horan watched everything go down.

The one with black hair couldn't help but analyze the Irish lad's face. He looked so tired, and dehydrated, as his eyes were puffy and red. He looked like he haven't slept at all, and have been crying for awhile.

"Hey." Zayn said nervously, looking pretty concerned. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to disturb."

"It's fine." The other bloke replied, still looking him in the eye.

Malik nodded, biting his lower lip slightly.

As much as he wanted to stay by the leprechaun's side, he knew in his heart that Niall probably didn't want that, which really hurts Zayn to admit.

"Well, I'll see you later." He proceeded to say as he, yet again, turned around to leave.

There was a few seconds of silence while Zayn was making his way back inside.

But then, something just hit Niall.

"Why?"

Malik faced him almost instantly, with a confused look written all over his face.

"Why?" The Irish one repeated, not detaching his gaze from the Pakistani one. "Why did you leave me?"

Zayn's eyes suddenly softened, as Niall's hands started shivering frustratedly. The wind instantaneously hit their complexions, as an uncomfortable silence filled the room.

"How was it that easy for you to leave?" Niall continued, after a few seconds of intense and awkward staring. "How did you move on that quickly? Please teach me, because I've been trying for six fucking years and I can't seem to get you out of my mind. Your smile, your lips, your voice, your perfume... You're hunting me. Wherever I go, whatever I do, whoever I'm with, I think of you."

In that moment, Niall tried as hard as possible to contain his tears. Zayn didn't want to say anything, he wanted to hear what his ex lover had to say, he truly wanted to know how he felt, and how he feels right now.

"You're all I want, you're all I need. I've been hurting on my own since the day you left, and I just couldn't bring myself to tell anyone. I didn't want them to hate you more than they already did, but I also didn't want to look like the idiot who got played for weeks, if not months. So really Zayn, just tell me why? Why did you use me like this? Why was I not enough? Just... just why, Zayn? Why?"