seven »

All the boys were in the living room now, anxiously waiting for Zayn to come back. They could hear people talking upstairs but what the topic of their conversation was wasn't clear enough, which stressed them out even more.

"Harry can you fucking stop walking around in circles? It's annoying." Liam said, rolling his eyes.

"I'm freaking out and this is how I'm copping." The curly haired one replied before biting his nails.

"Just..." Payno answered, taking a deep breath. "Just take a seat alright?"

Harry groaned but decided to actually listen, letting his body fall into the couch. He looked to his right to notice that he was actually seating next to Niall, but the Irish one didn't seem to care. He was just seating there, staring at the ceiling, like he was in his own bubble. Harry knew him well, and he could tell that Niall was the one who was worried the most in that moment.

"Hey." H whispered to him, which made Horan shake his head in surprise and stare at him. "He'll be fine, he can handle Simon."

Haz gave him a warm smile, which for the first time since they met again, Niall gave back.

Their moment immediately got ruined by the sound of a door opening, then slamming shut.

All the boys stood up quickly, as they hoped it was Zayn coming back.

And it was him indeed.

He ran downstairs as he stopped in front of the doorframe of the living room, giving each one of them a look that was quit confusing.

Was it fear? Rage? Sadness? No one really knew.

As we mentioned before, Zayn was pretty good at hiding his feelings.

He took a deep breath, slowly starting to walk away.

"Zayn wait-" Liam said as he ran towards him, grabbing his hand.

"Don't touch me!" He snapped as he removed Li's hand off of him, like he just got burned.

All the boys gasped, as Payno looked at him in shock.

"Zayn, what the fuck happened up here?" Liam asked, still trying to remain calm.

"I'm sorry I just..." The Pakistani one continued, taking a deep breath. "Coming here was a mistake. I shouldn't have."

"C'mon mate don't say that, I am glad you're here." Louis confessed.

"Thank you, but I shouldn't have. Lou once again I'm sorry for your loss man, I'm sure the three of them will take good care of you. I can't stay unfortunately, I have to leave."

"What? But-"

"Malik you're still here?" A voice that annoyed the shit out of them all questioned.

Zayn turned around, facing Simon.

"I was just saying goodbye." He explained before turning his attention back to the boys. "I'm sorry."

"I really am." He continued, but this time fixing Niall and Niall only.

They made eye contact for a long while, like they were trying to communicate something to one another. Horan could see that Zayn wanted to stay, but he couldn't, and this time, it wasn't his choice.

With that, the one with black hair started walking away, as they soon heard the door opening and closing.

Niall clenched his fists, rage starting to fill through his veins. Simon just smirked, looking like he enjoyed seeing the boys like this, seeing them hurt.