Chapter 1: Park Jimin

Author's note: Hello guys!! I'm excited about this story. Let's see where this goes. Enjoy. <3

Park Jimin

Park Jimin.
17 years old.

"Here Jimin. Your apartment's key card is in this envelope. Once you reach, do ask them about your spare one. You're going to need couple of them" said Park Jiwoo causing Jimin to chuckle, and smile faintly at his father for knowing him too well. 

"Thank you appa. I'm going to need tons of spare ones indeed" Jimin says with a small smile before he turns his head to the sound of the vehicle his personal driver parks in front of their house. "Guess it's time." Jimin says looking back at his dad.

"Yes, my son." Park Jiwoo says while opening his arms to Jimin gesturing him to come for a hug. A long warm tight hug as he hopes his love and warmth would stuck in Jimin during the four years his son will be gone for university. Jimin hugs his father as tight. "We'll call as much as possible yeah appa?" Jimin says pulling back from the hug. "Of course, like usual." a warm smile is given to Jimin again. "Remember not to study too hard. Just learn and experience new things  ok? Have fun. Get laid. Break rules. Try not to get caught and be safe." Jiwoo says to his son "Like usual appa, but getting laid? are you giving your son away this early?" Jimin says with a cheeky smile. "Well, I know you're wise with your decisions. I'm not worried too much. Just make sure to live your life. Safely." said Jiwoo.

"Sir, sorry to interrupt. I think we should leave now Jimin. You'll have to get groceries and household essentials before places are closed." Jimin's personal driver aka bodyguard aka close friend Junho says causing Jimin to roll his eyes. "Alright hyung or should I call you my second appa?. One more hug, and we're ready" Jimin says before hugging his father again. "Appa. Please take care." Jimin says.

"Don't forget to call your mom too when you reach ok?" his dad says with worries obviously showing in his eyes. The smile drops before he replies "If I got time, I will call mom. Come visit me when you can appa." Jimin waves goodbye to his father while getting in the front seat of the car. Not letting Junho driving alone at the front. Looking and waving at his father with a smile one last time.

Park Jiwoo, a very warm loving father. A tough but kind hearted kind of boss. The oldest son of Park family. The 2nd generation CEO of JWPark advertising agency, top 10 ads agency in both Busan and Seoul providing a very wide range creative services including ads, production, prints and digital marketing. 

Jimin settles at the front seat having his seatbelt on while looking back at his house through the window one last time before he turns back to his front and look at the gate open as the car moves farther. 'Finally' Jimin thinks. Finally he's away from that house because besides his dad, the house is full of toxic people, and yes he's been breathing in toxic every single day for 17 years.

Park Jimin. A survivor. An emotionally independent 17 year old male . An aspiring creative copywriter. A soon to be freshman at Seoul Academy of Art university.

Jimin concludes his thought that it's kind of a manner that he should call his mom to say goodbye since god knows where she's at right now. Sliding through his pocket to get his phone. Jimin bites his bottom lips as he dial the number he remembers by heart.

...

Pick up

...

You'll pick up right? You should.

...

One last time. I'm giving you the last chance.

...

A scoff from Jimin is heard after the voicemail sound implies that his call is declined. Again. Not like it's something new. He should not have his hopes high when it comes to anything related to his mom. Disappointment is not enough to describe how he feels like now, and that leads his finger to 'block' button. Jimin presses it so hard as he wishes he could do it ten times.

'Park Minjung. You're out.' Jimins says to his mother in his head, for the hundredth time.

"You ok? missing your dad already?" Junho asks as he knows how close Jimin is with his appa. "Yes, it has to happen. Dad taught me everything, but he never taught me how to live without him, so it's for the best, and hey, it's just Seoul." Jimin replies with his calm voice. "That's true" Junho smiles thinking of a friendship the father and son has. Even he sort of figure out that Jimin's expression after the call has nothing to do with his father. It's his trick to distract Jimin from his dark thoughts. Jimin may look innocent. He is indeed pure and innocent, but he's nowhere near naive. There are cruel things that one should learn when they face the world, and Park Jimin happen to learn some of those things in his own home from his own family.

Of course except his father. His father is one of the only lights in Jimin's life. The first thing ever as a parent he gives Jimin is friendship. Without his dad, Park Jimin can never imagine how to survive and be a 'decent' human being.

The car goes silent. It seems like Junho is not able to drag Jimin out from his thoughts, and he decided not to push futher as he trust that Jimin would be fine eventually.

5 hours later

"We're almost there. Let go get your household essentials first, and I'll help you at your apartment. Are you hungry?" Junho says as they're about to reach the close by mall. "No, I'm not too hungry. You're cooking for me later at my new apartment." Jimin replies earning a smile from his favorite hyung. "What you would do without me Jimin? Let's make the shopping quick then" Junho says as he parks the car. They both walk inside the mall while talking about what they want to have for dinner.

----------------

End of chapter

I hope you guys enjoy. Happy to hear any feedback.

I'm having fun writing this so far, and that's my goal.