Chapter Thirty Two

Lily's POV

Friday

"In 6 hours? How does someone even do that?" I question, shoveling a chip into my mouth.

"I have no clue! Wesley just really wanted my room and nothing came between him and that." Violet giggles, folding her hands in her lap.

"That's insane, how does someone even move a room that fast, and where were you?"

"Cheer practice," she stops, holding her hand out, "yes cheer, I did it for the first 12 years of my life. And insane is the best description for him."

"I can't believe that." I sigh, looking down to the bowl realizing it's empty. I look over to Violet, planting my hand on her knee to tap it twice before getting up, her body stiffens when my hand connects so I remove it quickly and brush it off. "I'm getting more chips."

As I walk into the kitchen I hear a phone ring, my mind instantly thinking it's my mother, freezes. But when I look over my shoulder I realize it wasn't even my phone. I take a deep breath and pour the chips into the bowl.

"Yeah okay, I will." Violet murmurs, I wasn't able to hear any other part of what she said, but she doesn't sound pleased. The sound of her footsteps continues to get louder, telling me she's walking to me. I turn around and she's leaning against the doorframe.

"Hey, so my mom just called, she's forcing me to come home. Sorry to just leave so unexpectedly."

I blink at her, putting the bowl on the counter, rushing closer to her. "That's fine. Yeah totally fine. I mean, ironic because you got me back."

She laughs, pushing her hair behind her shoulder. "Well, another time then."

I nod, "yeah totally."

I watch as she turns around, leaving the house quiet again. The best thing about her coming over is the house is less quiet. I don't like the quiet, it's so, depressing. I sigh, starting to clean up both rooms so my mom doesn't have another reason to yell later.

Soon I'm back in my room, sitting on the oh-so-familiar bed, the one I've felt so many emotions in. This week hasn't been the complete worst, I mean it would've been better, but who can be picky right?

My mother gave up the vacation thing by Wednesday, I think she realized she milked that idea a little too much, but of course, she found something else to complain about. This morning, it was somehow my fault she missed her alarm, didn't know I controlled time but who knows.

I've wanted to talk to Real all day, but since Violet came home with me from school I didn't have time. I've missed her a lot this week, especially now that I know what her presence is like. I miss the feeling I had around her, like nothing else mattered as long as she was happy.

I should call her.

I basically jump off my bed to get to my dresser where my phone lays, I quickly pull up her contact, pressing the call button. It rings for a minute, each ring making my hope for her answering go down a bit.

"Your call has been forwarded to an automated voice messaging system-"

Welp. That idea sucked. I wonder what she's doing.

She didn't mention any plans today, but again, I didn't tell her what I was doing either.

Rea's POV

"Hannah, stop. Seriously this isn't funny! I'll knock you off the chair!" I protest, trying to jump to reach my phone.

She pouts her lip, "come on, I just wanna read. They have to be interesting if you can't shut up about her."