Chapter Fourteen

Lily's POV

3 hours later

"Mommy?" I hear the little voice again.

"Baby your close just follow my voice. It's okay," I say softly, I can't recognize the voice but my entire body is telling me to listen.

"Mommy I'm scared.."

"No need to be scared, it will be okay once you find me."

It's just a long tan hallway, but in the distance, some corners turn to more tan walls. The tan color is suffocating, everything is so blank. It feels like a nightmare. I don't want to be here but I'm so drawn to the little voice calling out for me.

I hear small footsteps, they are quieter than mine. "I can hear you, follow my voice. Everything will be fine."

I see the top of a small pink shoe start to come around the corner. "That's it. Come on."

But once she turns to me I'm faced with a scared blonde girl. But she looks familiar.

Extremely familiar. She looks exactly like I used to.

Is she me? She looks to be around 6? Maybe 7? I think back and she is identical.

The realization leaves me speechless.

"Mommy? Where are you?" she's looking right through me. It feels weird to be talking to me. But I can't stop feeling that I have to comfort her. "I-im right here, can't you see me?" her head perks up at my voice, but when she realizes I'm still not there she starts to cry, her small hands rubbing her eyes. Her small sobs become louder. "Where are you, mommy? Why aren't you ever here?" her cracked voice makes my stomach drop. She slowly sits down and wraps herself up in her arms, then saying, "I can't handle being alone this time."

I rush to her side, putting my hand on her warm and small shoulder. But she doesn't move. Doesn't even realize I did it. She continues to sob out little 'where are you'

Every time she says it, it breaks my heart more. But I can't get to her.

I hear an extremely quiet "Lilith." repeat in the distance. But I can't seem to take my attention from the little girl.

The little me.

I rub her hair, but when I look at my hand it's fading. How is it fading? It travels up my arms, consuming my entire body while I can't do anything but continue to comfort the crying girl.

I listened to her sobs until everything was black. But that didn't last long. I felt my eyes opening quickly, my room taking my vision, but my mother was above me, shaking me awake.

"Jesus Lilith, it's like 40 minutes past your alarm. You're so late. This is unacceptable I can-"

"I'm not going to school today." I huff out and pull the covers back over my head. "That isn't an option young lady. Get up, I already have your clothes."

"No."

"No? Don't talk to me like that. I deserve better-"

"I can't deal with this at 6 in the morning," I say lightly, the covers still over my head so I avoid seeing any of her expressions.

"Well, maybe you could if you had woken up on time." I can feel her eyes.

"I want to be nice, just let me skip today."

"No. absolutely not. Skipping is so irresponsible and that would just hurt your appearance." I pull the covers away from my head, looking at her again. Her eyes widened slightly.

"It's one day mother."

At that she rolls her eyes, "every day counts, you know that. I thought I had raised you better."

I take another deep breath, but I flop face down on my pillow, muttering, "I can't deal with this right now. Do you have an off button?"

"I don't know what you're saying and I also don't care. Now get up." She says, but I ignore her.

If I lay here long enough I can probably fall asleep.

I hear her huff then I feel the blanket rip from over me, I feel her cold hands pull at my arm until I'm facing her again.

"I said get up! I'm not dealing with this disrespect. I am your mother. You will listen to me."

I form my lips into a line and take my hand to rip her hand from my arm. "Keep your hands off me. I don't care if you're my mother you will not put your hands on me like-" but I stop. Deciding it's not worth bringing up before I even processed the day.

"Like who? Him? Oh, get over it. nothing happened you, ungrateful child." I laugh and bite the inside of my cheek, wanting to say something but I just- can't.

"So you have nothing to say now? I'm going to leave and if I come in here in 20 minutes and you're not ready. Something's coming for you."

"Oh, so you're threatening me now?" She grits her teeth but walks out, and I get out of bed behind her. But not to get ready, I lock the door.

If she can't get in she won't know anything.

I lay back down drifting off to sleep for a few more minutes. But then I'm woken up by my mom banging at my door. "Open this now! I told you to never lock this! I will break it off and open it!"

Crazy much?

I put my pillow over my face, muffling her banging. I figure if I leave it for a while she will stop, or break my door. Which is worse for her but who cares.

But she doesn't stop. How can this lady do this for that long?

I check my messages, my daily good morning from Rea lays across my screen. I smile softly, feeling a relief.

Sent

Good morning my fellow friend

Once I'm left waiting for a response all I can focus on is my mom's annoying and unnecessary voice.

"I can do this all day mother if you want your arms to hurt that's up to you.

Received

Well look who is awake

I type slower than normal, tired.

Sent

Yes I am, aren't you just so happy.

We message backs and forth for a minute, before my mother finally stops and I hear her stomp away. Maybe she's the one that needs a mental hospital.

Once my room is silent again I am as tired as I was before.

I fall asleep again. This time I stayed asleep for almost 2 hours.

***

Lily:

Look who finally posted

Anyways I have to do homework I procrastinated on so byee.

Remember to drink water and eat Something :)

*head pat*