"...𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐬𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐬" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟐

grace was standing around waiting for hunt, with all of the other doctors. she was talking to dr stewart, before hunt finally walked over to them all.

"okay, folks. let's just start" he stated clearing his throat, before walking over to the stairs. "as many of you know, seattle grace mercy west has suffered a financial setback. the administrations working hard to keep the impact of that setback as small as possible, to that end, we're gonna have to initiate some cost-cutting measures" he told them all. "the board has hired a physician advisor to help" he explained.

"what's a physician advisor?" meredith asked.

"well, she consults on maximizing efficiency, streamlining processes, assessing where we can trim our budgets" he explained to everyone.

"who to fire and when to fire them?" bailey stated, rolling her eyes causing a few chuckles from the doctors, grace included.

"she's here to advise and to help" hunt told them all. "i was hoping to introduce her in person, but she seems to be late" he said, as he checked his watch.

"oh, on her first day?" grace mockingly frowned.

"not very efficient" cristina added, causing them all to laugh.

"you can expect to see her in the halls, in your labs, in the OR" hunt stated.

"so we're gonna have an accountant?" derek asked. "following us around in the ORs?"

"she's not an accountant, she's a trained surgeon" he replied. "frankly, she is here to try and help us" he stated. "thank you for your cooperation" he said, before walking down the stairs.

❀❀❀

grace was joining meredith on a consult. there was a pregnant lady who was experiencing abdominal pain. "it's like a knife is stabbing me" the patient cried.

"you sure it isn't early labour?" her partner asked the two surgeons. "because, if it is i need to call my sister and gave her bring me my makeup bag" she stated. "i'm determined to look cute in the newborn baby pictures"

"heidi" brie, the patient, groaned.

"sorry, honey" heidi apologised. "i babble when i'm nervous, brie hates it" heidi explains to them, as grace looked at the ultrasound and meredith used the stethoscope. "she's the quiet one" she stated, before brie let out a loud scream. "usually" she said.

"okay, well it's definitely not labour, because i'm not seeing any contractions" grace stated, as she kept close eye on brie and the ultrasound. "and the baby's heart rate is good" she added.

"then what is going on?" brie cried, as grace looked over at meredith who was about to answer.

"there's a few possibilities" she began. "the labs should help clarify" she stated, as dr ross walked into the room. he was on meredith service.

❀❀❀

grace got a 911 page from meredith, so instantly ran off to bries room. "you paged?" she said, as she opened the door and saw meredith stood by brie and bailey standing helping also.

"she's in liver failure" dr ross explained, as he showed grace the chart.

"what's gonna happen with the baby?" ross asked, as heidi walked in holding balloons and a worried expression on her face.