"𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤, 𝐝𝐫 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐞"- 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 31

"grace, i need to talk to you" jackson said as she walked down into kitchen.

"what is it?" she asked.

"my mom is in town" he said with a serious tone.

"that's great!" grace exclaimed.

"no it's not" jackson disagreed shaking his head. "she has no limit"

"jackson, you've met my mom" grace told him. "it'll be fine, seriously" she reassured him."anyways, come on, we're gonna be late" she said as she checked the time.

they sat in the auditorium, waiting for catherine avery's lecture. alex said that it would be one more hour of sleep for him, but april butted into their conversation.

"oh, no. it's not gonna be boring. this is jackson's mother, catherine avery" april stated.

"she's a urologist, right?" meredith asked him turning around.

"yeah" april said answering for him. "i met her when i was an intern at mercy west. she's amazing"

"is she nice" grace quietly asked her. she was slightly nervous to be a finally meeting her boyfriend's mom.

"she's a lunatic" jackson said with wide eyes.

"no, she's not. she's brilliant. she says these things that shock you, but then when you think about them later, they change your whole life" april explained.

"or they ruin your whole life" jackson stated. "she's toxic, she's a meddler" he went on.

"my mom has no boundaries. be warned" he said to them, mainly to grace though.

they began talking about catherine, and then jackson found it weird how april was speaking so highly about her. "wait a second, how often do you talk to my mom?" he asked her.

"we're facebook friends" april replied.

"you and my mother?" he asked in shock.

"are you actually?" grace chuckled to april.

"she's a brilliant surgeon and woman. she's a trailblazer" april expressed.

"and she's got a stalker" meredith said in a low voice, causing them all to laugh.

"hey, you know what?" april said trying to defend herself. "just meet her" she told them. "you'll see"

"grace, you should be prepared" meredith warned her. "she's not a normal mother, she's a surgeon.

"wake up everybody" a voice said on stage. "i know, i know it's grand rounds. where we have to sit and listen to somebody talk about how somebody did something and here's how they did it, and there's not enough coffee in brazil for this"

"this is your mom?" grace whispered to jackson with a smile, and he nodded in embarrassment.

"today we're going to do. today i'm going to change a life and maybe make medical history, too" catherine said. "and i can't do it alone, so who wants to step into the future with me?"

"wooh!" april cheered, which made grace laugh as everyone turned around to look at her and april suddenly got embarrassed.

"let's see if i can get a few more" catherine said. "ryan, honey would you come out here, please?" she said.

"everybody this is ryan" catherine introduced, as a man in just a robe came out on stage. "ryan, could you show everybody what we're here to do today?"