"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫, 𝐝𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐡𝐮𝐞. 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐚 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 7

grace had finished her shift, and she sat in the locker room and waited for jackson as they were going to joe's for a drink together.

"hey sorry, surgery over ran" jackson apologised. "i'll just get changed and then we can go"

"yeah of course. don't worry" grace nodded.

❀❀❀

they walked over to joe's and sat down.

"i'll have a beer and grace?" jackson asked.

"yeah me too" grace smiled.

"so did your parents leave today?" jackson asked.

"yes they did. thank god" grace laughed. "no, it didn't turn out to bad in the end"

grace and jackson still hadn't spoken about the kiss. "yeah. you know grace the other night. i did have a good time" jackson smiled.

"really? hearing me and my mother screaming at each other" grace laughed.

"well just spending time with you and um-" jackson paused.

"you know what. who cares we kissed, it didn't mean anything to you and that's fine" grace said as she took a sip of her beer.

"i didn't say that" jackson sighed.

"but i know you're thinking it" grace sighed.

"i'm actually not" jackson said defending himself.

"you aren't?" grace asked looking up at him.

"of course i'm not grace. i meant the kiss and i meant everything i said. but if you don't feel the same or anything that's fine" jackson said in an annoyed tone.

"no- no it's not that." grace said. "look i have to go jackson, erm i'll see you tomorrow thanks for tonight."

"uh sure" jackson said, a little hurt by her suddenly leaving.

❀❀❀

"hey grace" luke happily said. "i have to tell you something. i've got a job interview" luke smiled.

"that's great luke. that's great" grace smiled, as she ran through the apartment into her bedroom.

"oh yeah. can jackson come around soon, he's such a cool guy" luke asked as he followed her.

"uh i don't know. probably" grace sighed.

"hey what's wrong" luke asked as he sat on her bed to try and comfort his little sister.

"nothing don't worry." grace sighed. "let's change the subject"

"uh okay" luke said. "if i get this job, i promise i will be out of this apartment and i'll get my own place"

"that's great. but uh when you move out, i'll probs find somewhere else" grace said. "wait what job are you getting an interview for anyway?"

"uh the financial advisor at seattle grace-mercy west" luke nervously said.

"thats great!" grace smiled.
"but remember i'm busy at work so it's not likely i'll see you much"

"no i understand. i go for the interview tomorrow" luke said.

"aw i'm happy for you. i hope it goes well" grace smiled again and hugged luke.

"thanks gracie."

❀❀❀

grace woke up the next day and got ready to leave for work. she wore a navy blue long sleeved t-shirt and some blue jeans. grace messaged lexie to ask to meet her in residents lounge, and lexie agreed.