"𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖𝟎

grace and jackson were walking into work together. they both weren't too sure on how everything would go after the huge news about jackson being in charge.

grace was now eight months pregnant and jackson wasn't happy that she was still working. he thought that she should stay at home.

"grace, are you sure that you're going to be okay at work today?" jackson asked her.

"yes" she confidently nodded. "i'm not staying off, whilst you get to be at work" she scoffed. "plus, i might need to be here for you today"
she said with a low tone.

she wasn't sure how supportive everyone would be and she was quite worried.

"it's gonna be fine" he sighed, before placing an arm around her.

grace looked up at him with soft eyes, before sighing.

"it's gonna be alright" he reassured her, however he wasn't so certain himself.

grace walked into the conference room after getting changed. she saw everyone sat down, except for jackson.

"where's avery?" derek asked her.

"uh, he should be here" she stated, before he pushed the door open carrying a bunch of files. "sorry i was on time" he apologised, before explaining why he was late.

he then put down a box of donuts for everyone and with grace's current appetite she could not say no.

everyone in the room gave him these strange dirty looks. grace couldn't take it. "so should we discuss about reopening the ER?" grace asked with a smile to try and start conversation.

"i'm not ready for that just yet" jackson stated, as he began looking around for his files.

"if you need more time with the material we can go ahead-" derek started.

"no, no. i've read it. it's just that the foundation feels like the ER is not a forgone conclusion" he explained. "they need a site visit, a change to look over the numbers. it could be a month before a decision"

"okay" arizona bitterly chuckled, as grace looked over at her and listened to what she was saying. "the foundation knows we plan on getting our level 1 trauma designation back, right?" she asked.

"they know that's the idea, yeah"

"it's the fact" callie stated.

"i think we should table this until we can bring in owen" cristina suggested, as grace looked down and tightly closed her eyes knowing what was about to come.

"that's the other thing" jackson revealed.

"what other thing?" derek questioned. everyone went quiet, as they waited for jackson to tell them.

grace looked over at derek with a sad look. she knew they weren't going to be happy.

"since we're starting fresh, the thought is that new leadership would be good for morale" he explained to them.

"what like chief of surgery?" cristina asked in a harsh tone.

"oh, no way" callie stated.

"firing owen?" meredith asked.

"i knew this would happen" grace mumbled shaking her head, as she looked down at her hands.

"we're not firing owen" cristina stated.

"okay, well the foundation thinks that-"

"your mother" callie said 'correcting' him.

"the harper avery foundation-" he started again, before once again she cut him off.