"𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐭, 𝐢 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐦𝐢𝐬𝐞" -𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 27

grace and jackson got up and ready for the their first day as fifth years. "i can't believe time as gone this fast" grace said as she put her shoes on.

"i know, i just hope this year is better" jackson sighed.

"me too" grace said as she went a gave him a hug and a kiss.

❀❀❀

there was a breakfast happening for everyone and april was going to do her chief resident speech. "good morning, uh welcome to your final year of residency" she said, grace could tell she seemed a little nervous. " find a mentor... ask questions, get advice on your futures. and um, i see you're already chatting away, so that's-that's good. just carry on"

april walked over to grace who was getting her food. "april, be confident!" grace encouraged her.
"you're chief resident for god sake"
she told her. she hated watching april trying to speak out and have everyone just ignore her.

grace went over to go speak to dr stewart. "dr stewart, good morning" grace smiled.

"donahue! good morning" she cheerfully greeted.

"so i definitely want to specialise in fetal surgery" grace told her.

"great!" dr stewart smiled.

"and i think i want go into obgyn as well" grace revealed with a nod.

"wow! dr donahue, that's very impressive, double board certified, that is a lot, but you're very much capable" dr stewart smiled.

"thank you, dr stewart"

grace knew this would be best for her, she just had this gut feeling. she did still know that she would maybe have to help with things that weren't in her specialty if there was big trauma, but that was okay. she just felt like this was right for her.

dr webber walked into the room, and april ran over to announce he was here. "chief! is there, uh, anything you'd like to say as we embark on our final year of residency?" april asked him, with a bright and preppy smile.

"you all know what you're doing" webber bluntly said to everyone. "just don't kill anyone." he added. "uh, meredith, can i see you in my office?"

"well, that was that- was very... inspirational" april chuckled. "thank you, chief!"

"i feel so bad for her" grace whispered to jackson as they sat and ate their food. "i mean, nobody's listening to her"

"no offence to her, but no one really liked us mercy westers, especially not april. so-" jackson said as he ate his food, grace quickly interrupted him.

"no, but that's totally just ignorant" grace complained. "honestly" she scoffed as she shook her head.

they got informed that there was a huge trauma coming. so they all got gowned up and waited patiently.

"we're going to the scene of an onsite amputation, woman's trapped under her car" hunt informed them all as he rushed to the ambulance. "you guys are gonna get swamped with bodies. kepner you're in charge till i get back"

"yes sir! have fun" april shouted back happily.

"at an amputation?" torres questioned.

"uh, i-i meant good luck" april corrected herself.

grace was standing next to lexie, they were talking about the future and how they would always be friends. "so when i get married, i promise you can be my maid of honor" grace smiled, as the two girls began getting excited.