"𝐢 𝐪𝐮𝐢𝐭" - 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕𝟕

grace had to go over to meredith and derek's place so they could all discuss what they were going to do after callie's proposition of buying the hospital.

they were stood in the living room, with hot drinks listening to what callie was saying. "i am telling you, once we get these doctors talking, it was a horror show" she told them, as she referred back to when her and richard went to portland gen. "and they face quotas now" she told them, as she handed a grace a leaflet.

"and no research?" grace questioned, as she opened it up.

"nope. pegasus is only interested in high-volume, high-price tag procedures with barley any patient interaction. so no read watch, no innovation, no opportunity to do what it is we got into medicine to do" she told them all, as grace passed the leaflet over to derek who was standing next to her.

"well, we won't let that happen to us here" derek asserted.

callie scoffed and nodded her head at his words. "oh yeah? that's what they said at first and the people who fought management got fired"

they all exchanged eye contact with concerned looks on each of their faces. "now, i don't want to leave" callie told them. "none of us do" she stated. "you guys, come on. we have to do this. we have to buy the hospital"

"woah, hold on" derek told her, as meredith turned to him.

"maybe she's right"

"just wait" arizona stated, as she held her hand up and they turned to face her. "what if we don't want to?"

arizona explained that it was never her dream to run a hospital and that the timing wasn't good for her or derek.

"where's cristina?" grace whispered, as she turned to face meredith.

"i don't know" she sighed. "i've been texting her"

"probably screwing owen" grace remarked in a joking manner.

"i don't want someone telling me, which patients i can and can't treat" callie fired at arizona with crossed arms.

"or putting a stopwatch on how much time you can spend with them" meredith added.

"true" grace slowly nodded, as she listened to what everyone was saying.

"and if we ran the place we could make policy decisions based on experience" callie smiled, as she tried to persuade arizona.

"alright, but no offence that is a naive of putting it" derek stated, in a slightly harsh way. "the job is much harder than you think, i wanted it once and hated it" he explained. "we should stay the course. i made a deal with pegasus that apparently will help the sale" he told the group, as meredith furrowed her eyebrows at this.

"what deal?" she questioned, not knowing anything about it.

"nothing, it's stupid" derek replied. "but, maybe that's how we make it work from the inside"

"hold on" grace sighed, as she stood up right and placed her hand on her head. "what about hunt? i mean, he's pushing for the pegasus sale. he thinks it's a good deal, so what's he gonna say?" she asked.

everyone began shouting at one another and it became very loud. grace tried to remind them that zola and sofia were both asleep, but they just ignored her.

"so what are you saying?" arizona snapped. "are you saying that they take everything? i mean everything from the lawsuit, from all of us?"

"i have no idea what it's gonna cost to buy seattle grace, but i can guarantee you it's more than the five of us have combined" he explained. "that's only $80 million" he stated.